Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will the X be in showrooms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the info I got was end of the year. Essentially the same as "beginning of next year" when one factors in the Tesla Time Vortex (TTV).

I was told that I'd probably have my Signature car before test vehicles are available.

I was dropping my MS off at the service center and I asked Tesla when the MX would be in showrooms ready for a test drive. I was told by the two gentlemen that the Model X will be available in showrooms in Massachusetts (Natick and Dedham stores) in the second or third week of October. I was surprised and asked them again, for a test drive? They said yes.

Exciting times. My parents are reservation holders for the last two years.

When anyone has firm info about this please post. I'm not going to configure until I have seen the beast.

I'm with you, but I don't need to see it in person, but I do need to see it in videos and glean enough information to feel like my critical questions have been answered. Which I have gone into on the "Why I might cancel my X thread"

I was dropping my MS off at the service center and I asked Tesla when the MX would be in showrooms ready for a test drive. I was told by the two gentlemen that the Model X will be available in showrooms in Massachusetts (Natick and Dedham stores) in the second or third week of October. I was surprised and asked them again, for a test drive? They said yes.

Exciting times. My parents are reservation holders for the last two years.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that at best, you're going to see a beta version in the showroom this fall - which won't be cleared for test drives. All production will be focused on getting cars to Sigs and beyond.

I am positive there will be regional drive events, by invite only for reservation holders, that will allow everyone to get all their questions answered before confirming. But that would be around 3 dozen cars, vs. the large number required for stores that would lower total number delivered for Q4.

@Bonnie... I think the "regional" drive units makes a lot of sense. That is what Audi does. They ship 5-6 new demo's across the country and the dealers can have a regional launch event...everyone can't get the Germany. The local dealers here in Atlanta, sponsor a show and tell with drinks, food and (did I mention) drinks, and of course drinks. Then each of the dealers can schedule test drive for a couple of days before the demo's head off to another geography. About 3-6 month later, the dealers will get their own demo's, which can't be sold. Very effective to generate demand without having 1000's of demo's out right away. The dealers then can take orders for delivery over the next 9-12 month (shipping from Germany takes a minute).

@Bonnie... I think the "regional" drive units makes a lot of sense. That is what Audi does. They ship 5-6 new demo's across the country and the dealers can have a regional launch event...everyone can't get the Germany. The local dealers here in Atlanta, sponsor a show and tell with drinks, food and (did I mention) drinks, and of course drinks. Then each of the dealers can schedule test drive for a couple of days before the demo's head off to another geography. About 3-6 month later, the dealers will get their own demo's, which can't be sold. Very effective to generate demand without having 1000's of demo's out right away. The dealers then can take orders for delivery over the next 9-12 month (shipping from Germany takes a minute).

This should give you a pretty good overview of the drive events for Model S:

Links to all the regional drive events (most have photos): Get Amped Tour - All EVents
Video: Get Amped Tour - All Videos