Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before my trip to Arizona a few weeks ago, I did a 100% charge and then my 90% went from 226 to 227 (same as it was when new).

But in the last week, it suddenly decreased from 227 to 225. It's been much colder so maybe the actual temperature of the battery matters.

Maybe adding the 1600 miles I just did on my trip aged it enough to drop more. I don't know. It's a small enough amount that's in the noise so non of it probably means anything. I'm sure the battery has degraded far more than that in the last 9 months / 14K miles but that it just doesn't show up.

Still able to pull 415KW at 90% if the battery is warm, so the internal resistance hasn't increased.

Thought I'd add another data point; cross-posted from "Canada - How is your Wh/km?"

S85 RWD; 23 months (Dec 2013 build), 53,000km, 209 Wh/km (32,500mi, 336 Wh/mi)

A few months ago, last 100% charge netted 403km rated (250mi) 5% loss; 90% charge regularly shows 360-362km (224mi).

Before my trip to Arizona a few weeks ago, I did a 100% charge and then my 90% went from 226 to 227 (same as it was when new).

But in the last week, it suddenly decreased from 227 to 225. It's been much colder so maybe the actual temperature of the battery matters.

My charging and driving habits have been consistent for months (90% charge every day). In the last 2 months my 90% charge has dropped from 235 to 232. I think the colder average pack temperature does seem to have an effect on the indicated miles remaining. I'm expecting much of this to come back up as we go into the Spring months.

Probably not useful data here... Picked up my model s yesterday morning. At delivery charged to 90% the car sat with 240 miles range when I got it. After driving (and charging) the car yesterday and today both days at home I've shown 245. Will see with time if that number moves up or down and how long it takes to do so.

Probably not useful data here... Picked up my model s yesterday morning. At delivery charged to 90% the car sat with 240 miles range when I got it. After driving (and charging) the car yesterday and today both days at home I've shown 245. Will see with time if that number moves up or down and how long it takes to do so.

Interesting. My new P90D was delivered today with 11 miles on it and a high 80's charge. After sitting in the garage a couple of hours playing with controls and display, I topping it off at 90%. It also showed 240 mile range. Maybe 240 is just the starting point for new batteries until some real usage data is collected.

my 90% on new 11/2015 85D is only 227 miles.

Quite concerned really. Only marginally better than a 70D.

If this drops from here as new batteries typically do, then it will very soon make several of my typical journeys marginal, that should have been okay which could severely impact the convenience of the vehicle to me.