Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the worst Charge to range result you've gotten.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Losing 24 miles after mechanical update? That's like 10%! Not done.
That's strange. Did you get the same battery pack back? Possible to compare serial numbers before and after?
Another possibility is that Tesla service messed up. Most possibly, they didn't take care of your battery while shipping or repairing. Maybe they let it drain to zero or something similar and battery had a permanent capacity loss. If it is a mechanical repair and battery went through zero charging cycles then there should be 0 loss of range.

Sincere and earnest request: Can you please edit your first post and reword your sentence? Thanks.

Not sure what you tried to say with "Not done".

Yes, I got the same battery pack. I don't think Tesla messed anything up, I just think the update they did was meant to prevent issues, but in the process, brings down the range, or total projected range, etc. Like a "limiter" of some sort.
And yeah, I agree they may not have taken care of the battery, but it's been about 5 months, and any neglect on charge habit would have been straightened out by my charging habits.

But I'm still in talks with Tesla people. Just hope I get a solution to my problem, and not just an "answer or "excuse".

Yes sir, just for you, because of your respect, I will.

But I'm still in talks with Tesla people. Just hope I get a solution to my problem, and not just an "answer or "excuse".
Your attitude has been "I know I've been screwed" when we haven't even established that there is a problem. This could all be explained by normal behavior of the battery and the car.
Are you willing to accept an "answer" that this is "normal" or will you only accept a "mea culpa"?

Your attitude has been "I know I've been screwed" when we haven't even established that there is a problem. This could all be explained by normal behavior of the battery and the car.
Are you willing to accept an "answer" that this is "normal" or will you only accept a "mea culpa"?

Well, I understand where you're coming from and I know I come across like that. No I will not only accept an admission of guilt, but the thing is all I've been getting is people reading off of a script every time they explain what's "wrong" with my battery. And actually, to further prove this point, the ONE time that I actually got a great answer was when I actually spoke to the lead engineer at Headquarters, and we had a 45 minute long talk about the inner workings of the battery. And THAT answer satisfied me at the moment. I greatly appreciated that.
The problem is everyone else either 1. Don't know enough about the batteries and usage of the vehicle of said batteries. 2. Don't want to go in a direction where it might seem like they're admitting guilt.

So, at one point, yes I did accept an answer that this was "normal", but it took the lead engineer to get all the "dumbed down" answers out of the way.

Levi,
When I said "not done" I meant "not acceptable behaviour/outcome"
If there is a bad handling of battery then there would be a permanent range loss that cannot be recovered.

However you do mention in your later posts that the range loss was due to modifications to protect battery. Seems like they added reserve at lower end to limit driving below zero which wasn't present before. However I am just guessing. They could have added the reserve through SW modifications without any need for physical changes.
These are all guesses though. I too am curious to hear what the lead engineer told you.

As for getting good mileage, I get good mileage when I drive at a constant speed without too much acceleration or regen. This gives me range similar to predicted range. With speed variations, I do see a large 10 to 20% increase in consumption or lost Whs. I would attribute it to lower battery efficiency when drawing large currents (0.5C and upwards)