Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

What will the Thursday announcement be about?

What will Tesla announce in California, Thursday at 2 PM, as per Elon's tweets?

• Nothing

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Model Y (or other vehicle) unveiling date

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • The Model Y (or other vehicle) itself

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Model 3 SR

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • An acquisition of another company

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tesla being acquired / going private

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • A major Autopilot advance / release

Votes: 50 22.1%
  • Supercharger V3

Votes: 42 18.6%
  • Paying off the 1 March convertible bonds

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Something related to the SEC action

• A new production facility (e.g. GF4, etc)

• Other (add in the comments!)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Partnership with Apple

Oh, I sincerely hope not. That would give far too much fodder to the detractors.

Ok, a partnership with Microsoft then?

steve_jobs_bill_gates_1997_macworld1.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
The negativity and concerted trolling by vested interests is getting to me a little since I feel a little anxiety that this is going to be Elon taking another step away from Tesla, e.g by announcing a replacement.

I hope I am wrong and the shorts have more to cry about.

In the meantime, I have to admit that 'Tusk' has stumped me.

Partner with Google or Facebook then? What is an honorable company?

I would like to see them partner with a company who, like Tesla, is a true tech innovator. If full self-driving is going to become a reality I think a closer integration with a low-latency 5G cellular network would be a huge boon. So I'm thinking of a company like Qualcomm who is on the leading edge of cellular data and wi-fi networks. They also have some leading edge AI technology.

But if that's the announcement they have done a good job of keeping the wrap on. So low probability. But you asked.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I would like to see them partner with a company who, like Tesla, is a true tech innovator. If full self-driving is going to become a reality I think a closer integration with a low-latency 5G cellular network would be a huge boon. So I'm thinking of a company like Qualcomm who is on the leading edge of cellular data and wi-fi networks. They also have some leading edge AI technology.

But if that's the announcement they have done a good job of keeping the wrap on. So low probability. But you asked.
I would expect the SpaceX Starlink satellite constellation to be used instead of Qualcomm. Qualcomm may be on the leading edge of 5G but have they not had a history of being heavy handed with their tech in the past?

I would expect the SpaceX Starlink satellite constellation to be used instead of Qualcomm. Qualcomm may be on the leading edge of 5G but have they not had a history of being heavy handed with their tech in the past?

If you mean wanting to be paid a reasonable sum for their development work, yes. They don't like to be "Trumped".;)

If you mean having breached contracts, lied and cheated, no.

The announcement is at 2pm Pacific, 5pm Eastern, so after the markets close for the day. Therefore a reasonable expectation that whatever is said and announced will be market-moving.
Given the timing, I still view the primary purpose will be to announce the paying off of the bond due March 1st.

However, Elon may add additional information about the following:
- More hints about the Model Y
- Another bond offering (IMHO Tesla should borrow more money for sales and manufacturing expansion, provided they can get a good interest rate)
- Updates on Model 3, such as RHD and expansions to more markets
- Statement on Model 3 production for Jan & Feb.

Looking at all the SEC filings of the last week or two, I'd strongly suspect

Mawell purchase/merger agreement - Board meets at Lunch time and votes.

Surprised that all these investors don't seem to read SEC filings? I'm not an investor and I sometimes check them. How else to see thru the BS of Wall St. banksters/analysis ??

Anyone reading the annual report yet? no need to answer, only you investors (or truth seakers) would care.