Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

What will the Thursday announcement be about?

What will Tesla announce in California, Thursday at 2 PM, as per Elon's tweets?

• Nothing

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Model Y (or other vehicle) unveiling date

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • The Model Y (or other vehicle) itself

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Model 3 SR

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • An acquisition of another company

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tesla being acquired / going private

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • A major Autopilot advance / release

Votes: 50 22.1%
  • Supercharger V3

Votes: 42 18.6%
  • Paying off the 1 March convertible bonds

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Something related to the SEC action

• A new production facility (e.g. GF4, etc)

• Other (add in the comments!)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KarenRei

ᴉǝɹuǝɹɐʞ
Jul 18, 2017
Iceland
Just thought I'd create this poll for fun :) Too bad I couldn't list more choices due to forum technical constraints.

ED: I'd classify any news about Buffalo under "a new production facility". Technically it's not "new", but....
ED2: I'd call the establishment of a JV either an "acquisition" or a "new production facility", depending on whether they're making a new location or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like @ReflexFund's speculation as well, about a 50-50 Joint Venture with GM. It's between "acquiring a company" and "being acquired". :D

That outcome doesn't vibe with the "you are in for a treat" leak @shlokavica22 noted though.

My guess is some really cool FSD demo in California, or a related HW3 and AutoPilot announcement. This would drive Q1 sales and be a stock price positive as well.