Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to expect? Test drive @ remote location tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like you, I found a lot of little things lacking. Weird things that despite how much other people tried to explain them away, still didn't make sense to me. My wife and I have now only driven performance german cars for the last 6 years now so our expectations were high.

Despite that, I still ordered a P100D.:cool: It will be my daily driver and Autopilot is basically what sold me. Unlike you, I deal with a lot of traffic which is the bane of my existence.

Like you, I found a lot of little things lacking. Weird things that despite how much other people tried to explain them away, still didn't make sense to me. My wife and I have now only driven performance german cars for the last 6 years now so our expectations were high.

Despite that, I still ordered a P100D.:cool: It will be my daily driver and Autopilot is basically what sold me. Unlike you, I deal with a lot of traffic which is the bane of my existence.

I hear you on that! I'm from Atlanta, so I know traffic. The appeal of autopilot to me is the safety aspect. I usually have enough short trips that it isn't a problem, but it does give me a high degree of comfort knowing I could engage that when I'm a little drowsy.

And thanks for pointing out that there are areas that are a little lacking. What'll sell me is fixing the latest oil leak in my BMW. Have to suspend the engine from above, drop the cradle, remove a motor mount, and then basically replace an oil drain line held in place by 3 M6 bolts. I jokingly sent my wife a text a couple of months ago when my car hit 100,000 miles that I was now living on borrowed time. 7000 miles later, I've replaced the starter (3rd one!!!), and now am leaking a quart/liter every 650 miles until I can fix it.

I hear you on that! I'm from Atlanta, so I know traffic. The appeal of autopilot to me is the safety aspect. I usually have enough short trips that it isn't a problem, but it does give me a high degree of comfort knowing I could engage that when I'm a little drowsy.

And thanks for pointing out that there are areas that are a little lacking. What'll sell me is fixing the latest oil leak in my BMW. Have to suspend the engine from above, drop the cradle, remove a motor mount, and then basically replace an oil drain line held in place by 3 M6 bolts. I jokingly sent my wife a text a couple of months ago when my car hit 100,000 miles that I was now living on borrowed time. 7000 miles later, I've replaced the starter (3rd one!!!), and now am leaking a quart/liter every 650 miles until I can fix it.

Ironically, while I was looking at the Telsa my Audi was in the shop for being two quarts of oil low overnight. Found the two quarts on my garage floor under the car...

Looking forward to not having to deal with that anymore.

Okay, got the car Thursday, returned it Friday. Put probably 500 miles on it, was in it for about 9 hours. Again, performance of the car was absolutely fantastic. But overall, I just couldn't get comfortable. I really, really wanted to like the car, but I just didn't. Seat belt rests across my neck, and the buckle itself is so high it rests on my hip bone. Armrest is too high and too far back to use. Armrest on door panel is too hard. The AP is pretty cool, but it needs work, and I found it incredibly frustrating, as it would often hug a lane on one side or another. When next to a tractor trailer that was close, it became very uncomfortable. It zigzags a lot within a lane. So the only way I really was comfortable using it was just taking my hands off the wheel entirely, which of course it doesn't want you to do. I'm sure at some poiint one becomes accustomed to the quirks of it, but as of right now, I just don't care for it. At any rate, I may see what happens if the interior refresh ever comes. But for now, I'm going to pass. I average 3 hours a day in my car, 6 days a week. That's just a bit too much time to not be more comfortable.

Okay, got the car Thursday, returned it Friday. Put probably 500 miles on it, was in it for about 9 hours. Again, performance of the car was absolutely fantastic. But overall, I just couldn't get comfortable.

Thanks for giving it a try. As much as many Tesla enthusiasts (and I count myself among them) would like to see everyone driving our favorite car(s), realistically, Tesla isn't for everyone. Deciding on a car is a very subjective process, and we all have different ideas for requirements and ideals.

Bruce.