Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Swag did Tesla give you at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At my P85D delivery Dec 30th @ Van Nuys: I got 2 scarfs draped over the front seats & a big bow on the hood (they didn't let me keep the bow though).

ps: and I missed Elon by a few hours

i was there that day too! missed Elon by about 60 minutes.

also got the 2 Tesla scarves, and the big silver bow, though we also didn't get to keep it. i wonder if we had the same bow...

took home some Tesla cookies and a Tesla lollipop from the waiting area. and my sales guy promised me a jacket if i bought the car, and he plans to come through on his word this week.

On order I got 3 hats and 2 key chains. But the best story is my wife who knowing I have ordered the P85d thought she would "get over it", as the deal was done, by buying me some swag for Christmas. She heads off to Yorkdale mall in Toronto that has a Tesla store and says "hey I want to buy something for my husband, he just bought one of these cars".

Well the salesman should really brush up on that old saying "don't judge a book by its cover", he looked at her un-makeuped face, down to her toes, past her work clothes and back to her face and said "no mam, he didn't buy one of these cars. She was livid, she loves me more though and dropped $500 on a leather bag and shirt.

PS she makes more than I do! Oh and she bought 100 Tesla shares after I bought the car

On order I got 3 hats and 2 key chains. But the best story is my wife who knowing I have ordered the P85d thought she would "get over it", as the deal was done, by buying me some swag for Christmas. She heads off to Yorkdale mall in Toronto that has a Tesla store and says "hey I want to buy something for my husband, he just bought one of these cars".

Well the salesman should really brush up on that old saying "don't judge a book by its cover", he looked at her un-makeuped face, down to her toes, past her work clothes and back to her face and said "no mam, he didn't buy one of these cars. She was livid, she loves me more though and dropped $500 on a leather bag and shirt.

PS she makes more than I do! Oh and she bought 100 Tesla shares after I bought the car

That is unbelievably tacky and rude. Lord...what do people think of me with an unshaven face, paint spattered pants and shirt and possibly unshowered when I run to the store. Can't be good! Though I will admit that I didn't look that bad when placing my order. Seriously though, that guy should be removed from the sales floor.

That is unbelievably tacky and rude. Lord...what do people think of me with an unshaven face, paint spattered pants and shirt and possibly unshowered when I run to the store. Can't be good! Though I will admit that I didn't look that bad when placing my order. Seriously though, that guy should be removed from the sales floor.
I randomly walked in wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals at the Santana Row showroom after some shopping and they handed me the keys for a P85+ test drive. It's certainly not a universal thing. (And I bought and paid for my car while in pajamas!)

I randomly walked in wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals at the Santana Row showroom after some shopping and they handed me the keys for a P85+ test drive. It's certainly not a universal thing. (And I bought and paid for my car while in pajamas!)

It's a mistake anywhere to judge people by their clothes, hair, etc., but possibly particularly so in CA and other similar areas. I've never had even a whiff of that sort of judgement from Tesla, and I'm sure I've challenged it.
Maybe the person in the above post meant that they didn't buy the car from them personally, or from that store vs. it being a disparaging comment. That'd be the most charitable interpretation though unfortunately maybe not the correct one. Regardless, unfortunate and not representative of any experiences I've ever heard of or had. Glad she showed them though ;)

Lord...what do people think of me with an unshaven face, paint spattered pants and shirt and possibly unshowered when I run to the store. Can't be good!
I had 2.5 weeks of beard stubble going when I went to pick up my car (although I had recently shaved the rest of my head [I bic it])... granted being fairly unshaven is not unusual for me as I work in software, but that long is a bit of an extreme. I was working on growing a "creepy mustache" for a Christmas Party the next day, shaved down the beard and just left the 'stache. At least I didn't go pickup the Tesla looking like that :D

Two key fobs. Oh wait, that's not really swag :).

I managed to talk my way into a pair of the license plate frames from the service center at the factory while I was in the area on unrelated business a few months after delivery since they didn't have any when I picked it up, but that was it.

I got a free neoprene sleeve for one of the keys, the license plate holder (which I later replaced with a carbon fiber one), and not to mention all the free coffee I get when I visit! haha

I also was given a free keychain after visiting the Natick Mall store and mentioning I was an owner while buying a shirt.

The sweetest thing though is when I was sick during initial pickup of the car at the Watertown Service Center, so my SO went in my place. They gave him a bag with several large gourmet chocolate bars and a Get Well Soon card signed by everyone at the Service Center! <3

Reactions: ajay

PJs. Awesome!!! CA hippies unite!

I also bought at the Santana Row store and could not have been happier with the entire experience.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a free neoprene sleeve for one of the keys, the license plate holder (which I later replaced with a carbon fiber one), and not to mention all the free coffee I get when I visit! haha

I also was given a free keychain after visiting the Natick Mall store and mentioning I was an owner while buying a shirt.

The sweetest thing though is when I was sick during initial pickup of the car at the Watertown Service Center, so my SO went in my place. They gave him a bag with several large gourmet chocolate bars and a Get Well Soon card signed by everyone at the Service Center! <3

Now that is really cool.