Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your true Model 3 budget?

What is the top of your M3 budget

Votes: 12 2.8%

Votes: 54 12.7%

Votes: 103 24.2%

Votes: 98 23.0%
  • unlimited

Votes: 15 3.5%

Votes: 47 11.0%

Votes: 56 13.1%

Votes: 41 9.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be financing, so I am more concerned with monthly payment. Right now about $500 a month would fit nicely in my budget. But if there are some compelling options I am definitely willing to go above that. The silver lining of the car not being delivered for ~2 years is an opportunity to save for more down payment and no need to commit to a specific budget for quite some time.

I'm also concerned about my Insurance payment.

$600 for payment combined with Insurance is my max.

Really? You think because I want a nicely loaded Model 3 that might cost $65k, that I should instead move to a similarly equipped Model S that will cost $105k, and not fit in my garage? (Besides price the main reasons I don't want a Model S are: it's size and that it is a hatchback.)

Sorry but the trunk opening of the Model 3 is a joke. I have run into this "I don't like hatchbacks" attitude all my life and I really wish I could understand where it originated and why it persists, but besides that if having a more functional trunk in your car, the Model S is the better option. in general, you get "more car" for your money with a Model S.

it is faster, has longer range, and more usable trunk and frunk space.

now if the Model S does not fit in your garage, that is a different matter entirely.

it is faster, has longer range, and more usable trunk and frunk space.

I'll give you the space advantage, but at this point we have no idea if the Model S will be faster or have longer range than the Model 3. (Or if it is will it be significant.)

I can almost guarantee that a $70k Model 3 will be faster and have longer range than a $70k Model S.

The M3 trunk is fine........
image.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: MP3Mike
I have run into this "I don't like hatchbacks" attitude all my life and I really wish I could understand where it originated and why it persists, but besides that if having a more functional trunk in your car, the Model S is the better option. in general, you get "more car" for your money with a Model S.

I've had a hatchback before, but I prefer a normal sedan with a trunk... If I need to haul something large I use my truck.

Reactions: doublejj
And honestly, if you DID NEED a hatch....

why are you looking at $60K+ semi-luxury EVs? lol

"yes, I need to haul large pieces of sheetrock, what can you show me in a new Honda Fit?"

common sense just isn't that common anymore.
I hear some of these guy's talking about moving couch's & furniture...really? I drive a corolla & also have a truck.....maybe once a year do I need to get the truck to haul something. Many seem to be looking for a swiss army knife of cars....car/truck/van combo:rolleyes:

Reactions: FranKim and AU1985
Model S logic is funny sometimes. you would be surprised to find that u would rather haul something in your Model S than drive your other car. The same will probably be true of the Model 3. and at that point. cubic carrying capacity will come into play.

I do not think ludicrous mode is coming to the Model 3. Time will tell.

Reactions: Canuck
Model S logic is funny sometimes. you would be surprised to find that u would rather haul something in your Model S than drive your other car. The same will probably be true of the Model 3. and at that point. cubic carrying capacity will come into play.

I do not think ludicrous mode is coming to the Model 3. Time will tell.
why not?...I think a Ludacris M3 being a lighter platform could be the fastest Tesla yet...:eek:

I will be financing, so I am more concerned with monthly payment. Right now about $500 a month would fit nicely in my budget. But if there are some compelling options I am definitely willing to go above that. The silver lining of the car not being delivered for ~2 years is an opportunity to save for more down payment and no need to commit to a specific budget for quite some time.
You can always extend the term beyond 5 years for that must-have option. ;)