Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is unlimited lifetime supercharging worth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lifetime of the original battery. Or can one replace and upgrade battery pack down the road and still have access to free charging?

Will they reduce the speed down the road and offer quicker charge times at super charges to paying customers.

I understand charging times vary between superchargers (Voltage offered not always the same) varies between super chargers.

Lifetime of the original battery. Or can one replace and upgrade battery pack down the road and still have access to free charging?

Will they reduce the speed down the road and offer quicker charge times at super charges to paying customers.

I understand charging times vary between superchargers (Voltage offered not always the same) varies between super chargers.

Battery upgrades are an interesting question; since they haven't offered them yet, it's all speculation.

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any sites that are inherently slower - if not limited by sharing or temperature you should always get the same charging rate at a given SoC, though a few sites in California were showing some odd results this summer that may or may not be related to temperature of elements other than the car itself.

So new Tesla deliveries after April 2017 will no longer have unlimited supercharging. They will have 1000 miles of SC then a few based system. I am informed that the deadline for new orders for April delivery is end of this week. Living in Adelaide I have never had the advantage of supercharging. I charge at home or at a destination charger. I assume that Tesla owners in other cities with superchargers wouldn't necessarily drive across town just to charge. What do people estimate is the value of unlimited supercharging?
I just ordered my new 2018 model S and I am receiving free unlimited supercharging... In May 2017 tesla started a referral program where current owners can give 5 referrals to new buyers and those new buyers will get the free supercharging for life...