Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know you cannot believe hearsay from the Tesla folks at the showrooms but my wife went in before Xmas to buy me a gift and chatted with someone in the Corte Madera store and he said March for the ability to see the Model X.

I read here too that earlier in the year, a store employee in Canada, I believe it was, said there would be Model X available for test drives in stores by fall of 2014. March 2015 now seems more appropriate based on the current schedule underway.

I know you cannot believe hearsay from the Tesla folks at the showrooms but my wife went in before Xmas to buy me a gift and chatted with someone in the Corte Madera store and he said March for the ability to see the Model X.

I read here too that earlier in the year, a store employee in Canada, I believe it was, said there would be Model X available for test drives in stores by fall of 2014. March 2015 now seems more appropriate based on the current schedule underway.

And others are convinced it will be shown at the Detroit auto show in January. Good news is eventually someone will be right. And then will jump up and say, "Told you!!".

I suspect Tesla has a policy of not releasing information internally, so people can't blab what they don't know. As a result much of what you hear from Tesla employees is actually just rumour. Much of it turns out to be completely wrong.

In other words, don't trust anything you hear from a store employee, unless he/she says it's happening in two days or it's already on teslamotors.com.

A broken clock is right twice a day. Twelve broken clocks are right all day long.

Don't we need 720 clocks provided there are no "seconds" hands, in which case you'd need 43,200 clocks, in order for them to be right all day long?

Unless they're all set to the same time :)

Yes, and all of them must have broke at a different time than all others.

Hopefully, this is much more difficult to have occur that the release date of the Model X!

The clock is already ticking if they are to follow a reveal schedule anywhere near what the Model S did. We're talking beta reveal T-9 months, pricing information T-6 months, and design studio T-3 months. It's clear this schedule will need to be condensed somewhat if they are to meet first deliveries in Q3. Each month that goes by without any of these milestones puts the schedule further into question.

I always expected a beta reveal before the end of the year, but that obviously didn't happen. Now, the next best hope is early Q1 such as at the auto show. That doesn't seem very Tesla-like though, so my only real expectation is sometime before the end of Q1, possibly with pricing announced simultaneously to accelerate the milestones.

It is my understanding that physicists who study such things are generally in agreement that there is actually "no such thing as" time
I know, gives me a headache too. So if that's the case, what are we waiting for !? :rolleyes:

The clock is already ticking if they are to follow a reveal schedule anywhere near what the Model S did. We're talking beta reveal T-9 months, pricing information T-6 months, and design studio T-3 months. It's clear this schedule will need to be condensed somewhat if they are to meet first deliveries in Q3. Each month that goes by without any of these milestones puts the schedule further into question.

I always expected a beta reveal before the end of the year, but that obviously didn't happen. Now, the next best hope is early Q1 such as at the auto show. That doesn't seem very Tesla-like though, so my only real expectation is sometime before the end of Q1, possibly with pricing announced simultaneously to accelerate the milestones.

Wasn't design studio up 7 or 8 months before the first Model S Sig delivery?

many car fans that are not exactly tesla fans stilll see tesla as a one hit wonder, for totally understandable reasons.

this X will hopefully hurt that misconception, altho it wont be really diminished until the 3 arrives.

and i also think, folllowing apple, tesla will do their own events to showcase the X. it would be a mistake to share the spotlight with other Detroit giants, one of which appears less than friendly to tesla.

I suspect Tesla has a policy of not releasing information internally, so people can't blab what they don't know. As a result much of what you hear from Tesla employees is actually just rumour. Much of it turns out to be completely wrong.

In other words, don't trust anything you hear from a store employee, unless he/she says it's happening in two days or it's already on teslamotors.com.

I follow the basic rules of listening to salespeople. If their mouths are moving... (you know the rest)

I follow the basic rules of listening to salespeople. If their mouths are moving... (you know the rest)

I don't think anyone was implying that the salespeople were lying - only that they were repeating information they'd heard (from someone internally who had heard it from 'a reliable source') and that information should not be believed. Nor do they work on commission. The misinformation is typically from enthusiastic employees thinking they're sharing some new information, but is wrong. Not lying.

Net result is the same - don't take that kind of info as fact.

0AGndkD.jpg