Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for work? Just passing time waiting for updates from Tesla :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ER doc.

@jrhodesmd, I'm with you on the grim daily doses of humanity we experience at work.

I'm excited to be in such hi-tech company, and it now explains how the heck you guys pull out so much incredible information on something so esoteric to me as EV technology. I'm really enjoying my first class education here at TMC University!

I work for hi-tech company that's selling data storage systems. Ironically, I'm responsible for marketing these systems to the oil and gas vertical industry. They use them to store massive amounts of seismic survey data that needs to be processed and interpreted to know where to drill for oil.

I'm an electrical engineer, working for SEW Eurodrive ( http://www.sew-eurodrive.com) as a local application / sales engineer.
For my customers I design and sell the components for the "electric drive/power train" of their machines

How can I get my clients to buy your drives. All they want are these crappy Nord and Sterling gearmotors that are pieces of crap!

I work for OPEC and my goal is to try to dismiss this whole EV movement.

OK, I joke, but only to bring to light that they may in fact be watching! I finally wondered away from the safety of the Model S forum to check out these others. I am also like many on here, an IT Director at a small private school in the Bay Area.

I know, I was just trying to find another use for this EV in the negociations with my better half (Honey, I can even use it for work!).

:biggrin:

Speaking from personal experience, but from the receiving end of creative rationale ... the only thing that ever worked was, "but I want it". I'd hear all the reasons and say, "Just say you want it". Because that really was the reason.

Maybe we should start a 'creative reasons why I need a Model S' thread. :)

Personally I am in Sales. I sell MINI Coopers in Northeast Ohio.

I used to work for a company that we all know and love...

My family (owners of the Teslas) owns an architecture firm in Northeast Ohio.

I'm a psychologist.

How do you feel about that?

Are you buying a fast car to compensate for feelings of inadequacy?

Do you dream in color? . . .perhaps Signature Red?

Opps . . . am I buying a fast car to compensate for feelings of inadequacy?

I also own a drug abuse clinic.

Last edited: