Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is funny about all the speculation on the nose of the Model 3 is that what we will see is such an early production of the Model 3, that what ever we see might completely change in the final production. It did with the Model X.

So true...

Just wait until we start seeing Mules out and about. The ENDLESS complaints about the falcon wing doors not lining up on the mules was fun. I can only imagine what we will find to complain about the 3 before it even comes out... Maybe the nose cone will be it ;-)

Reactions: JRP3 and mikevbf
So true...

Just wait until we start seeing Mules out and about. The ENDLESS complaints about the falcon wing doors not lining up on the mules was fun. I can only imagine what we will find to complain about the 3 before it even comes out... Maybe the nose cone will be it ;-)

Oh people are very predictable. If Model 3 looks like a smaller Model S they'll complain about that. If it's more adventurous they'll complain about that. I'm sure the forums here will erupt with endless debates about the prototype while most will surely forget that Tesla production cars looks very very close to the prototypes. Tesla has a history at reveals of not disclosing everything and in that vacuum all sorts of crazy stuff floats to the surface. All one has to do is go read back over the Model X sighting a thread during the mule phase. Oh man, the full moon was out in full swing then.

Reactions: Model 3
It probably won't look too much like this:

1969 Alfa Romeo P33 Concept by Pininfarina.jpg

1969 Alfa Romeo P33 Concept by Pininfarina

I never had an electric window die on me but I did have one of those handles fall off in my hand

I've had both happen. The window switch for the left rear window mounted on the driver's door in my current car has been temperamental for years. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Back in the days of window cranks I knew someone with a loose crank that frequently fell off when you tried to roll down the window.

So true...

You already mentioned my best guess, the nose.

Followed by all the lunatics that were expecting a three wheeled plywood pickup truck, or a BMW Insetta revival, but with the door at the back, because of aerodynamic drag, the single most important thing when designing a car.
Then there will be people that claim that Tesla should have used their idea of unobtainium nuclear fusion batteries, which would have gotten them a range of a quadrillion miles, or that trunks are stupid and that they should use velcro to fix the luggage to the car, because of Cd, obviously.
Surely Tesla won't be able to build the car, because its an EV, so everything but the battery must only amount to 2,742 and 3/4 Malaysian Ringgit and there will be the surprised wondering why Tesla won't use just 14kWh to get to 200 miles... well surely they didn't make it aero enough.

This sub-forum is heading for some nice threads ;-)

I've had both happen. The window switch for the left rear window mounted on the driver's door in my current car has been temperamental for years. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Back in the days of window cranks I knew someone with a loose crank that frequently fell off when you tried to roll down the window.

The off and on business could be the wiring getting corroded. Recently had a similar thing happen, if I took off the door molding it would work but if it sat in the normal position the wires couldn't make full connection.

Have had 3 power windows with issues, either wiring or motor. But these were all on generally unreliable brands.