Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walnut Creek Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK--latest news/rumor...was at the new Walnut Creek Store in Broadway Plaza a few hours ago. Spoke with a sales rep (was at Santana Row for 9 months...transferred). He says that Walnut Creek is off the map. Also Dublin is not the location of the new Service Center, but Danville. He offers no additional info/data. Anyone have an idea of where geographically this would work, and also does anyone have access to building permit info?

Take this for what it's worth-had my car serviced in Fremont and asked about Dublin/TriValley. I was told by one of the managers Dublin was off and Walnut Creek is back on and apparently a high priority to blend with the new WC sales store. Apparently WC customers are not thrilled about having to go a significant distance for service. Works for me if true.

Take this for what it's worth-had my car serviced in Fremont and asked about Dublin/TriValley. I was told by one of the managers Dublin was off and Walnut Creek is back on and apparently a high priority to blend with the new WC sales store. Apparently WC customers are not thrilled about having to go a significant distance for service. Works for me if true.

...if only Jerome or someone else in charge of the SC build-outs would just make up their mind and get it over with already....it's been probably almost a year.

Will they allow anyone with a Tesla Model S to charge up at the Tesla store in Walnut Creek if on the road and in Walnut Creek?

I have asked the staff there and, yes, f you call and ask, they will let you charge at their HPWCs. But chargers are behind locked gate in the adjacent parking garage, so you can't just drive in (they need to come out and open the gate). Note that there are lots of free ChargePoint units around (check on ChargePoint or Plugshare). The SF Bay Area is flush with EVSE.

FWIW
Another rumor, albeit the source was adamant it was truth-Stoneridge Chrysler is moving to Livermore superstore in April 2015 and Tesla is moving in there. Even went so far as to say he had seen a Tesla person with blueprints. I guess I'll believe when/if it's announced

FWIW
Another rumor, albeit the source was adamant it was truth-Stoneridge Chrysler is moving to Livermore superstore in April 2015 and Tesla is moving in there. Even went so far as to say he had seen a Tesla person with blueprints. I guess I'll believe when/if it's announced

This jives with a chat I had with Jerome G last Sunday at a local Cars & Coffee in Corte Madera. He dropped by at 12 noon (very casual). I chatted him up. He said that TM was supposed to take occupancy of the new location in Dublin now but that the current tenant (...did not say who, but now we know) refused to move out at the agreed upon time (...assume that their new facility was not going to be ready). JG said they now had a delay and would not be in until 2015.

Dublin would be a great spot. I still have some trepidation abut my runs from Harris Ranch to North Berkeley. Very heavy head winds at times and lots of elevation gain. Have had to stop twice at Walnut Creek store for a quickie extra 15 miles to get home. Dublin superchargers would take all anxiety out of that leg of the journey. But staff at the Walnut Creek store have indicated that there might be something brewing across Broadway Plaza for later this year (service center w/chargers?).

Dublin today
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg