Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It must make their lives a lot easier if they could drop old legacy code that they are no longer developing. While they improve the cars in the US, they remain stagnant in all their other markets. I get we won't get the FSD city streets part but sort out dual carriageway / motorways and bring it up to BlueCruise levels. If FSD 12.4 doesn't require hands on steering wheel anymore and works well, get this submitted to UK government for approval like Ford did for use in certain geofenced roads.

If they want a suggestion for a trial area, I propose this ;)

View attachment 1045866
I personally think that geofence needs to go 50 miles further north and 20 miles further west ;)

Tessie is seeing some of its Euro fleet getting .6
A bit more .6 now for Europe. Though at time of post only 4% of the Tessie fleet globally.

1000000603.png

Reactions: WllXM
I have it...not had a run out in it yet, but tested pulling in and out of the garage. Was quite impressed with the new Tesla Vision visuals after I'd enabled those. I'll try that out for a bit to see whether it's trustworthy enough to risk turning off my USS sensors permanently.

The new 'bigger' car visual is a gimmick more than anything else, but overall looks to have improved the interface. New navigation features also look useful.

Also, great to have Audible!

Some reflections having been on a run out:

I like the Tesla vision view for parking, but couldn't work out how to enable this without going into reverse. It seems to switch between that Tesla Vision view and normal view when going at low speed. It switched to Tesla View when I was parking in the garage, but not when pulling into our narrow drive. Perhaps there is a way to tap on the screen somewhere to enable it?

Speedo is much larger. But not sure the regen marker is as well positioned now. Media and navigation layout seems an improvement.

Impressive to see all the new vehicles and people it's picking up on screen, but not really of any practical use! The car sizes seem more responsive as well and I think there are new vehicle models.

The visual of the car is 'nicer' and there is a more advanced reflection of the car on the ground. A bit unnecessary and potentially why not available to older cars as it would seem to be a bit more complex than the old 3D model. I don't think people are missing a great deal on that front but the wider UI developments are worth having.

I had a Tesla ranger out a few weeks ago, just to change my wipers blades (Mad) but the lease company pay. He reckoned he was on this version and the auto wipers where better. I won’t hold my breath. Recon he was just telling me what I wanted to hear. Any feedback from drivers on 2024.14.6

I had a Tesla ranger out a few weeks ago, just to change my wipers blades (Mad) but the lease company pay. He reckoned he was on this version and the auto wipers where better. I won’t hold my breath. Recon he was just telling me what I wanted to hear. Any feedback from drivers on 2024.14.6
I was hesitant to post about it to avoid the usual rebuttal of "it's just you" or "someone always says this" but... I'm on .3 and have been out twice in varying states of rain so far. The wipers definitely behave better than before when it's raining but I did still get a lot of dry wiping when the rain stopped.

At slow driving speeds, the logic for the wipers seem to be that they will do a single wipe when detecting rain. So sometimes they will do just 1 sweep, sometimes 2 or more then stop etc. It's a bit weird as the wipers seem to be all over the place but it is mostly effective. Certainly better than not doing anything at all... I can't speak to motorway driving in the wet, I haven't done that yet.

The regen gauge is missing. Wipers are just as bad on Auto, but the new card that pops up allowing the different settings is good.

I always seem to get updates early, maybe it’s because I drive everywhere on Autopilot and Tesla get more data from me to train NN..Maybe not.

Reactions: Gadgetman67