Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI bug while charging (Prev: Finally, pictures of P110 range !)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a bug/shop/hoax. Simple. 33 miles left when 96kWh has been used? That number should be much lower due to the 5% "brick protection" and "zero mile" protection.

33 miles is 8.4kWh rated (not typical), so that simply can't be right. The math doesn't allow it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a bug/shop/hoax. Simple. 33 miles left when 96kWh has been used? That number should be much lower due to the 5% "brick protection" and "zero mile" protection.

33 miles is 8.4kWh rated (not typical), so that simply can't be right. The math doesn't allow it.

No, I think they just have good taste in music.

Which would be ? Obviously TOTO was so bad that it was one of the most successful bands at that time....

- - - Updated - - -

Did you all forget that Joe is driving cross country to TMC Connect? :rolleyes:

No dyno, battery swap etc....he was in Kansas or somewhere when that photo was taken.

No this photo was done in Tampa. We are leaving next Friday (11ths of July) to TMC.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they were messing with you Andrew, it's irrelevant anyway.

The OP drove uphill with high energy use and then a downhill regenning to show his average energy use. This scenario can easily produce the results in Joe's photo.

No, the key here is the total energy used of 96 kw not the average energy used. A standard 86 KW battery let you use less than 70 KW, my dash shows 95.9 KW used.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a bug that I've personally seen occur twice where the "since last charge" data doesn't get reset while charging. When that bug wakes up after a 200+ mi trip and you happen to notice it, you can show a ~150 kWh "since last charge" if you try.

Here's a similar bug:
oddity beginning charge

Brainman, YOU ARE THE WINNER ! Are you in TMC to claim your drink ? It only happened to me once so far but indeed for whatever reason the display was not reset when charging. What a coincidence that the charge I had remaining plus the new charge ended up exactly to what a P110 would be ! What are the chances that this happened the way it did ? I should have played the lottery that weekend.

Brainman, YOU ARE THE WINNER ! Are you in TMC to claim your drink ? It only happened to me once so far but indeed for whatever reason the display was not reset when charging. What a coincidence that the charge I had remaining plus the new charge ended up exactly to what a P110 would be ! What are the chances that this happened the way it did ? I should have played the lottery that weekend.

Congratulations brianman :cool: