Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TxTag/EZpass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just an update. I had tried putting my tolltag in the black area but it was never recognized. I moved it to the upper left hand corner of my windshield, which is where I had it in my previous car, and lo and behold, it is working and being picked up by every toll gate I have gone through. Haven't tried it at DFW or Love Field, but it's working for now.

Seems to be a lot of inconsistency as to what works for people but mine never worked in the black area to the right of the camera but is working now in the top left hand corner.

I took delivery of my MS last week and placed my tolltag in the black area in the pic below and it doesn't seem to be working. I've driven the tollway many times and none of the tolls have registered to my tolltag.

Are these issues only occurring at airports?

I read on another thread that in Texas as long as you have an account with NTTA, they will charge the lower rate just based on reading our rear license plate. And the only issue is at the airport. Can anybody confirm this?

Are these issues only occurring at airports?

I read on another thread that in Texas as long as you have an account with NTTA, they will charge the lower rate just based on reading our rear license plate. And the only issue is at the airport. Can anybody confirm this?

NTTA reads mostly my license plate and charges after reading the license plate. No difference in charging vs Toll tag sticker.

I have no problems with DFW airport but at DAL after using one time my NTTA toll tag account got suspended.

Called NTTA and had it re-activated and no issues since then.

I just oust ordered a couple. These work well for exterior placement? Any issues?

No issues. It reads every time on the tollway and airport readers. There's even a little part near the rain sensor that gets hit with a wiper blade, and it's doing fine for ~2 years. The key is to make sure all the bubbles are out using soapy water and a squeegee or credit card. Since you have a newer car, the key is to mount it just left of the VIN window. The wiper blades won't touch it and it's much easier to apply without crawling all over the car ;)

If you're having a hard time with it and are ever in the West Plano area, I'd be happy to help install it.

FWIW, I just taped my tollgate over the black patch and went thru DFWE. No problem going in; had to back up a little an re-inch forward to get it to be read on the way out.

This is a December 2015 build.

(About to get my windshield replaced due to distortion, so I want to make sure the new one also has this spot on it...)

I'm using the NTTA bar on the front grill and it seems to read sometime and others its by the license plate. Maybe I should look into the outside cover for a tag. My Tesla was built in Nov 2015.

@gizmoboy - where is the windshield distortion? I have some across the very bottom of the windshield above the hood but the rest of the field is clear.

Now that I have my Model 3's plates, I wanted to go get a TxTag ... but my only options are Model S, X, and Roadster. What the hell, TxTag, get with the times!

edit: Some googling, apparently I can just edit the page and submit anything I want : TXTag Question - Tesla Model 3 : Austin

I figured out a way around this by editing the source of the website's dropdown values. Not sure why they gate the values in a select menu if it allows you to save anything anyway...some iffy web design.

Though I'd rather not do that, in case they get all butthurt about it later.

In Austin, they USED to have a test reader at their MoPac office... Otherwise the test seems to be DFW airport. ;-)
Does TxTag work at DFW airport now? It used to be they specifically didn't work with anything but NTTA tags.

I recently got a TXTAG on my 2016 Model S. It reads perfectly fine to the passenger side of the rear view mirror.

IMG_3743.jpg

I just read a teeny bit of this thread, but here's my solution:

When I go to DFW, I always chose the Tolltag+Ticket lane, pull up to the barrier, then if it doesn't raise I'm not hosed because I can take a ticket instead

Here's some more advice: If you do get stuck at the barrier, don't do what I did and get out of your car and walk across ten active traffic lanes to the kiosk, because if you do, they'll just tell you that you should have pressed the red button instead ... that one marked "Press here to call for assistance"

🤡