Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Teslas pic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
JoshG... why did you decide to get the Performance S with 19" wheels? just curious...
I think mainly because I have the roadster, I wanted the slightly better range, and much better tread wear on my model S. I don't imagine needing the ultimate cornering and grip in my model S... and after the test drive in a performance w/19s, I felt the performance was definitely good enough. In addition, I happen to like the look of the 19" wheels.

and did your son act a fool? man if i ever got in a Roadster when i was 16... it'd be scandalous!
No, not with him never leaving my view in the rear-view mirror! He's not going to drive it on his own for a long long time... :)

I think mainly because I have the roadster, I wanted the slightly better range, and much better tread wear on my model S. I don't imagine needing the ultimate cornering and grip in my model S... and after the test drive in a performance w/19s, I felt the performance was definitely good enough. In addition, I happen to like the look of the 19" wheels.

I am not getting the performance (even though I drove it) and I agree, slightly better range and tyres will last longer. Also prefer the look of the 19s.

- - - Updated - - -

I just put the first one as my desktop background. I hope you don't mind.

I think everyone is doing that (with one of these beautiful pics) :smile:

Well, the cars were very clean before going up, hand-washed, then polish layer, then wax layer. I brought a couple of microfiber cloths, Meguires quick detail, and Armor All and gave the cars a quick detail spray in the parking lot only where I saw something that needed it. Armor-all on the tires once there also. I didn't really need to photoshop "clean" the cars, but the contrast function does make the tires darker. Cars shot in gentle, late/early light, shot NOT from super-close up but from 10-30 feet away, with a polarizing filter come out looking extremely clean. Only time I had to touch up the car in photoshop was to take out a hot spot from a reflection of the fill flash in one or two shots.

Simply amazing.
Thanks again for such great and professional looking pictures. How I would love to be able to make pics of such an outstanding quality!

- - - Updated - - -

These cars are revolting.:tongue:

Re-Volt'ing you mean ;-)

thanks for all the nice comments. Here's one more bonus shot... didn't quite make my first cut of faves, but it's still OK. The natural light was just kinda "blah" (in between the nice reds of sunset and the deep blues of "blue hour"). But it's a different view some may like. Think of this like the "deleted scenes" on a DVD movie. :)

Tesla-Saratoga 6.jpg

I just put the first one as my desktop background. I hope you don't mind.

I think everyone is doing that (with one of these beautiful pics) :smile:

Of course i don't mind! Honored. If anyone wants a specific aspect ratio or resolution to match their monitor, PM me the pic(s) you liked and resolution of your monitor and I'll generate you a custom desktop (without my watermark too!).

:biggrin:

Johan is right... I tried a few shots with lights on but couldn't get the combination of the background, car, and headlights to all be exposed properly. I could/should have shot a sequence of bracketed shots and combined them into an HDR, but I ran out of time.

Another technique may be to have your son sit in the car and duck behind the steering wheel. At the last seconds of a long exposure turn on the DRLs. They should expose nicely along with the rest of the photo with some experimenting on timing.

Last edited:
Another technique may be to have your son sit in the car and duck behind the steering wheel. At the last seconds of a long exposure turn on the DRLs. They should expose nicely along with the rest of the photo with some experimenting on timing.

Damn, wish I had thought of that. It's exactly the right way to have done it without full HDR treatment. And nice to do it "in camera". It's like hitting a flash at the end of a long exposure to brighten an object, or hitting it with a flashlight, which I've done on occasion. Ah well, will try again some day.