Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turkey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year I talked with a lady who is working on amsterdar headquarter, she said you can drive your Tesla in yor country but something appears about the warranty you have to drive to Tesla store where is nearest for your country. So I can think that Tesla will not cancel its 8 year warranty. Think this way, you bought your Tesla in Germany then few months later you have to move your life to somewhere in europe, what about the warranty?

I checked your web-site and saw that you have already talked with a Tesla representative. I saw that the car's 8 year warranty is cancelled upon entering Turkey. Do you have any idea if that would still be the case when Tesla launches the first Tesla Supercharging station in Istanbul in 2015? Would launching a Tesla Supercharging station in Turkey mean that we can purchase a Tesla and not worry about its warranty being cancelled?

I've never assumed that possibility and always figured Tesla would officially launch their operations in Turkey alongside a supercharger in Istanbul in 2015. However that of course is a possibility. Them opening a supercharger just to enable existing Tesla drivers to drive all the way to Istanbul. However their plan to open 8 more superchargers in 2016 supports my idea more. I mean why wouldn't they? As I've mentioned before Turkey has a huge potential when it comes to Tesla.

Any idea when Tesla Supercharging stations will be launched in Turkey? Are they currently being built?
Can anybody clear the confusion of warranty cancellation?

According to the Tesla website and the supercharger rollout map for Europe, there should be one supercharger operating in Istanbul within 11 months. However does this mean they'll also set up shop and start selling in Turkey officially? Beats me.

About the warranty cancellation; at the phone call I had with the lady at Tesla Motors, she said that importation of the vehicle to another country voids the guarantee. I made that call ~1.5 years ago. Garfi (Mehmet) says Tesla Motors in Amsterdam said they didn't. So we don't know for sure.

Here's a link to the recording of my phone call;
Tesla Motors ile bir telefon görüşmesi | TeslaTürk.com

Would you like to call them again for us and get detailed information about this topic :) ?
Also, where on Tesla's web site does it say that the Tesla Supercharging stations are going to be built in 11 months? It just says that one Tesla Supercharging station is planned to be launched in Istanbul in 2015, so, it may even be next month (I doubt that, but it may be :p ).

Would you like to call them again for us and get detailed information about this topic :) ?
Also, where on Tesla's web site does it say that the Tesla Supercharging stations are going to be built in 11 months? It just says that one Tesla Supercharging station is planned to be launched in Istanbul in 2015, so, it may even be next month (I doubt that, but it may be :p ).

Honestly if you live anywhere near any of the dots on the map you would do the community a huge favor and provide clarity to that timeline if you can reach out and find out where Tesla is prospecting for locations. It is how here in the states and a number of European countries we catch the chargers even while they are in the permitting phase before ground is ever broken!

Check out Superchargers to see what I am talking about

Some of those dots might just be an idea with nothing even remotely locked on yet so if you know of a business owner who would be happy to install and would make a good charging location for owners getting Tesla connected to the business owner would speed things up as well.

I meant sometime within 11 months. Not 11 months later on the dot. Since they say 2015, they have 11 months left to open one :)

Honestly if you live anywhere near any of the dots on the map you would do the community a huge favor and provide clarity to that timeline if you can reach out and find out where Tesla is prospecting for locations. It is how here in the states and a number of European countries we catch the chargers even while they are in the permitting phase before ground is ever broken!

Check out Superchargers to see what I am talking about

Some of those dots might just be an idea with nothing even remotely locked on yet so if you know of a business owner who would be happy to install and would make a good charging location for owners getting Tesla connected to the business owner would speed things up as well.

We've got some property which I think would be suitable for a supercharger so I already suggested it as "land owner" from the European supercharger suggestion link.

However I really don't know how I could find out (where?) if it is in the permit phase or not. I live on the planned dot for 2015. (Istanbul)

I meant sometime within 11 months. Not 11 months later on the dot. Since they say 2015, they have 11 months left to open one :)

We've got some property which I think would be suitable for a supercharger so I already suggested it as "land owner" from the European supercharger suggestion link.

However I really don't know how I could find out (where?) if it is in the permit phase or not. I live on the planned dot for 2015. (Istanbul)

Do you have like a government registration process or some such? Here in the US all those get logged with the city/county and are publically accessible if you want to take the time to go looking and know what you are looking for. They don't make it easy here in the US to get the information but it is there. I would assume that by this point they have at least hit up prospective locations to identify potential sites (and if your site is in the submission it might be included) it won't likely be narrowed down and start the permitting process until they get about 6 months from the targeted completion date (so if it is planned for say, Dec, you might not see anything until June crop up about it). You could also ask fellow business owners if they had heard about Tesla and lead into it trying to pry if they had been asked about site selection. But I am sure that Istanbul is too big of a city to go door to door, haha!

It is almost easier for us here in the US, to get an idea at this point when they put a dot on the map because we know the types of places they look for and roughly what fits in line with their process. I don't know if they are following the same modeling in other countries since culture can be different at times. *shrugs* I think that is the best I can offer you.

Do you have like a government registration process or some such? Here in the US all those get logged with the city/county and are publically accessible if you want to take the time to go looking and know what you are looking for. They don't make it easy here in the US to get the information but it is there. I would assume that by this point they have at least hit up prospective locations to identify potential sites (and if your site is in the submission it might be included) it won't likely be narrowed down and start the permitting process until they get about 6 months from the targeted completion date (so if it is planned for say, Dec, you might not see anything until June crop up about it). You could also ask fellow business owners if they had heard about Tesla and lead into it trying to pry if they had been asked about site selection. But I am sure that Istanbul is too big of a city to go door to door, haha!

It is almost easier for us here in the US, to get an idea at this point when they put a dot on the map because we know the types of places they look for and roughly what fits in line with their process. I don't know if they are following the same modeling in other countries since culture can be different at times. *shrugs* I think that is the best I can offer you.

I would guess that you would see the shop and then the first supercharger(s) in Turkey arrive in tandem. One is not much use without the other. For the location of the shop - probably in one of Istanbul's more upscale/posh areas or suburbs. A supercharger (maybe even those simple cheats, - a dual charger on a pallet) might come along at the shop and maybe some following the London pattern (located at some malls etc..) - the real supercharger site will be some distance out of Istanbul along one of the major highways, at a rest area with food and toilets. Looking at the 2015 map (which is frankly just an illustration on Teslas part) I would first look at the rest areas along the O-3/E80 towards Sofia, Bulgaria. A string of superchargers from Ljubljana, Slovenia - via Croatia, Serbia and Bulgaria to Turkey is shown on Teslas 2015 map. From what you write about the Turkish market it would make sense to build the next segments of that string of superchargers in Turkey.

I Norway we can do as in the US. Mail protocols are open to the public and usually searchable over the web. Usually the keyword "Tesla" is enough. In Norway we have to search in each individual county for this info. In other countries (Austria or Switzerland - I do not remember which) I learned that such openness does not exist - they still have to find info by talking to the managers at highway rest points where they expect a supercharger to be fitting (following the rules: parking, power, food, toilets). I hope you have many Turkish Tesla friends who can help you find the locations. A trick to learn from the Germans (tff-forum.de) is their way of organizing the work: - A common spreadsheet with all suspected locations and then a common effort to check out these locations and mark them "false"/"maybe"/"confirmed"

To be listed at supercharge.info as a permit we need to hear from you that a permit document has been found - or the manager of place such-and-such confirms a supercharger is coming (be sure that they know what a supercharger is - they might easily think a 22kw type2 plug for a supercharger!)
For construction you must have spotted Tesla marked crates or the actual supercharger foundations

Happy hunting!

I would guess that you would see the shop and then the first supercharger(s) in Turkey arrive in tandem. One is not much use without the other. For the location of the shop - probably in one of Istanbul's more upscale/posh areas or suburbs. A supercharger (maybe even those simple cheats, - a dual charger on a pallet) might come along at the shop and maybe some following the London pattern (located at some malls etc..) - the real supercharger site will be some distance out of Istanbul along one of the major highways, at a rest area with food and toilets. Looking at the 2015 map (which is frankly just an illustration on Teslas part) I would first look at the rest areas along the O-3/E80 towards Sofia, Bulgaria. A string of superchargers from Ljubljana, Slovenia - via Croatia, Serbia and Bulgaria to Turkey is shown on Teslas 2015 map. From what you write about the Turkish market it would make sense to build the next segments of that string of superchargers in Turkey.

I Norway we can do as in the US. Mail protocols are open to the public and usually searchable over the web. Usually the keyword "Tesla" is enough. In Norway we have to search in each individual county for this info. In other countries (Austria or Switzerland - I do not remember which) I learned that such openness does not exist - they still have to find info by talking to the managers at highway rest points where they expect a supercharger to be fitting (following the rules: parking, power, food, toilets). I hope you have many Turkish Tesla friends who can help you find the locations. A trick to learn from the Germans (tff-forum.de) is their way of organizing the work: - A common spreadsheet with all suspected locations and then a common effort to check out these locations and mark them "false"/"maybe"/"confirmed"

To be listed at supercharge.info as a permit we need to hear from you that a permit document has been found - or the manager of place such-and-such confirms a supercharger is coming (be sure that they know what a supercharger is - they might easily think a 22kw type2 plug for a supercharger!)
For construction you must have spotted Tesla marked crates or the actual supercharger foundations

Happy hunting!

Wow thank you guys so much for all this valuable information. I would guess that the way things work in Turkey would be like the case of Switzerland where it is not available to public openly. I could bet on it, Istanbul is a very large city and considering the politics in Turkey, expecting a discipline of that sorts would be ridiculous. I agree that they'll have a supercharger and a store in tandem and when they realise the expected demand they could expedite their investments in the Turkish market.

Yet, as a guy who follows Apple related stuff almost as much as Tesla, I witnessed their official Apple Store launch alongside iTunes Music/Movie Store. The way they did was this thing called "Green Field Venturing" As in they start as a new company in that country's market and start hiring talents etc. Even more than a year before they had the first Apple Store or the iTunes Music Store, we could see job listings and it was all over the news.

As of February 2015, there still aren't any proof that they'll set up shop in Turkey besides the supercharger rollout map. So, shouldn't we have seen some job listings, or a company formation as a green field venture? Either or they haven't started the work yet or they are using their European Centre (in the Netherlands) for the initiation. They might already have a manager there that is experienced in the Turkish market who has started work. We could only speculate...

Those information are not open to public in Turkey. The information would only be public if the company wants it to be.
On another note, is there any news about the guarantee cancellation of the car?

Also, is it true that Tesla P85D has 4 years or up to 80.000 km of warranty?
I have seen that on emir-t's website dedicated to Tesla cars and Turkey.
Is it possible to charge the Tesla in other electric charging stations (Not Tesla's)?

Last edited:
So I may have caught a trace. At Tesla's career site, the only office location they look for recruiting besides the markets the already operate on is Turkey. This is hard proof they started work for an Istanbul office, hence entry into the Turkish market. My theory is, could they be looking into making Turkey their second European hub? For eastern europe and maybe middle east in the future? This isn't uncommon for other big corporations to do. Tesla wants to expand into many countries like Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland etc. in 2015 but the only place they are looking for employees (possibly) is Turkey. What do you guys think? Am I onto something? Here's the screenshot;
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 22.46.07.png

Also here's the news bit on my blog for Turkish speakers out there;
Türkçe konuşanlar için Tesla'nın Istanbul ofisi çalışmalarına başladığına ilk kanıt

So I may have caught a trace. At Tesla's career site, the only office location they look for recruiting besides the markets the already operate on is Turkey. This is hard proof they started work for an Istanbul office, hence entry into the Turkish market. My theory is, could they be looking into making Turkey their second European hub? For eastern europe and maybe middle east in the future? This isn't uncommon for other big corporations to do. Tesla wants to expand into many countries like Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland etc. in 2015 but the only place they are looking for employees (possibly) is Turkey. What do you guys think? Am I onto something? Here's the screenshot;
View attachment 73843

Also here's the news bit on my blog for Turkish speakers out there;
Türkçe konuşanlar için Tesla'nın Istanbul ofisi çalışmalarına başladığına ilk kanıt

makes sense to me. Import to tillberg and Istanbul and distribute from there. That is, until they get a factory up and running.

As I said many times, there wasn't really a question if they were entering Turkey, but rather when. Given the supercharger map that appears to be sometime in 2015. So makes sense to be recruiting now if the store will be opening in the next few months or so.

So, a little update. Tesla has posted two job applications for their Turkish operations, them being "Regional Delivery Manager" and "Service Manager" positions as of now. I still continue with my belief that they'll make Istanbul the second hub for Europe alongside Rotterdam (Netherlands in general) We'll wait and see how long it takes for them to set up shop here. From first managerial job application positions to store. If anyone have experience on this, or know anything that could give us an estimate I'd really appreciate it.

If I were to guess, I'd say they'll open the Turkish website for first orders alongside a call line or something somewhere around early October and open up shop, service centre and supercharger at the same time in December. Am I being too pessimistic here? Expecting a Turkish expansion before the Model X starts lion deliveries would be crazy right? (meaning over the summer)

You can view the job applications here.

Also for Turkish speakers;

Türkçe biliyorsanız Tesla Motors ile ilgili her türlü gelişmeyi Türkçe olarak TeslaTürk adresinden takip edebilir, forumlardan Türkçe olarak paylaşımlar yapabilirsiniz.

So, a little update. Tesla has posted two job applications for their Turkish operations, them being "Regional Delivery Manager" and "Service Manager" positions as of now. I still continue with my belief that they'll make Istanbul the second hub for Europe alongside Rotterdam (Netherlands in general) We'll wait and see how long it takes for them to set up shop here. From first managerial job application positions to store. If anyone have experience on this, or know anything that could give us an estimate I'd really appreciate it.

If I were to guess, I'd say they'll open the Turkish website for first orders alongside a call line or something somewhere around early October and open up shop, service centre and supercharger at the same time in December. Am I being too pessimistic here? Expecting a Turkish expansion before the Model X starts lion deliveries would be crazy right? (meaning over the summer)

You can view the job applications here.

Also for Turkish speakers;

Türkçe biliyorsanız Tesla Motors ile ilgili her türlü gelişmeyi Türkçe olarak TeslaTürk adresinden takip edebilir, forumlardan Türkçe olarak paylaşımlar yapabilirsiniz.

No idea on the setup time.

But, by trying different searches I found that the Service Manager has been advertised for at least 3 months, since it only disappears if you set "Added Within" to 3 months or less.
But the Delivery Manager was added only from 4days to a week ago, since it appears when you change Added Within from 3 days to 1 week.

No idea on the setup time.

But, by trying different searches I found that the Service Manager has been advertised for at least 3 months, since it only disappears if you set "Added Within" to 3 months or less.
But the Delivery Manager was added only from 4days to a week ago, since it appears when you change Added Within from 3 days to 1 week.

that could be a wrong code or something on Tesla's side. Because I've been checking that for the past 2 months once every week or so. At first there was nothing evidently from the screenshot I shared above at my previous text. Last Saturday was the regional delivery manager and now I found this. I'm certain Tesla has a wrong script or something there.

It is good news for us. I believe in your words but I am expecting them to open a store in summer times (just a hope) and I would like to be the very first person that bought/own Model S from their Istanbul store. Thank you for the turkish Tesla news website and thank you for your efforts, I am checking your website daily..