Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain to me why are banks hitting up Tesla w/ refi offers? Is this standard procedure when debt gets near due?
Watch the “Cramer manipulation” video.

This is fomenting. It apart of creating rumors to hit the stock. Right out of the crime playbook. “Sources tell me...” Cramer explained it in chilling detail.

Also, people showing up on Tesla enthusiasts forum to spread the rumor is apart of that. Watch now someone will write a news article about your comment and say forum members are fearful of refinancing rumor spread by Fox’s Gaspari (best if they don’t attribute and just leave abstract).

See how this works?

Awareness is the best disinfectant in exposing the criminal activity.

Last edited:
Your deregulation is someone else's loss of life.

But I believe that it is incumbent on the government and those who made money off of those workers to transition them to productive jobs.

Loss of who’s life and over what timespan?

Being jobless hurts a family today and tomorrow.

It’s not your argument versus my argument. I’m not trying to “beat” you by arguing regulations are bad.

Things are complex and need comprehensive non partisan solutions that don’t represent self interest.

Not bi partisan, non partisan.

Good luck to us all with that..

Nothing would be better for TSLA than Elon limiting tweets to 80’s and 90’s pop culture, and rap videos.
That won't stop a ton of shares being lent out - without the consent of investors - by index funds. But his tweets are likely to atleast start putting focus on this ugly industry practice most of us didn't know about.

Under fire from Musk, top fund firms defend securities lending | Reuters

You could argue, for eg., that it was less than useless for Sanders to introduce a bill that can be shortened as Stop Bezos. Afterall it had zero chance of being taken up. But, it did push Bezos to up the minimum wage.

People with megaphones need to talk about the issues they care about to have any hope of change.

Correction. He says that "Jamie" (production staff for the podcast?) was *worried* that the SEC would contact them and ask them that question. The SEC did not actually contact them, apparently. But Joe made it clear in this piece that it was not prearranged.
True, Joe did say Jamie was worried, but he didn't actually say the SEC did not contact them (the 2 being not exclusive). More click-mucking, I'm sure. But I did hear the part about it not being prearranged, so that's helpful at least.

Bottom line: 72 hours after watching that video, most of Joe's audience will 'remember' that the SEC contacted Joe Rogan about Elon. That's media manipulation, and it's usually deliberate.

Cheers!

How Headlines Change the Way We Think | The New Yorker

Last edited:
Obviously most tax (in absolute terms) should come from the rich, due to how much more they have. Even if you were to flat tax everyone with zero credits/incentives/etc, taking into account total net worth, they would still pay most of the taxes, because they have so much more to tax. If wealth inequality wasn't so lop-sided, then things might be more spread out, but really, the top 10% or so should definitely pay much higher taxes than the bottom 90% (in absolute terms, not specifically percentages) because there is more to tax. You can't try to squeeze water from a rock (get more taxes from the lower end of the income spectrum), the only place to get it is from the rich. (Or of course, we could decrease our financial needs, for example by not fighting so many proxy wars for oil and other resources, which in turn leads to massive spending on the defense industry, etc - it would only take modest cuts to "defense" spending to solve the problem). All these corporate tax cuts only benefit the already wealthy. Nothing is passed down to the employees.

I agree with you. I'm all for progressive tax. I see it as no different to transfer payments between states. The concentration of wealth is inherent in capitalism and the entire system would break down without ways of redistribution. I just don't think the current political environment would allow the rich to be taxed enough to balance the budget or significantly cut spending.

That won't stop a ton of shares being lent out - without the consent of investors - by index funds. But his tweets are likely to atleast start putting focus on this ugly industry practice most of us didn't know about.

Under fire from Musk, top fund firms defend securities lending | Reuters

You could argue, for eg., that it was less than useless for Sanders to introduce a bill that can be shortened as Stop Bezos. Afterall it had zero chance of being taken up. But, it did push Bezos to up the minimum wage.

People with megaphones need to talk about the issues they care about to have any hope of change.
The rap video is believed to be an announcement of operating profitability being achieved. “Down with OPP”

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
Things are complex and need comprehensive non partisan solutions that don’t represent self interest.

Not bi partisan, non partisan.
Yes. It is unfortunate that simple common sense things like keeping our air, water & land clean and habitable has become partisan. I'd think keeping the environment clean is as much a conservative thing as progressive. In many countries there isn't a left/right divide on this issue - unlike in the US.

Speaking only in memes and references? Sounds fun.

Musk and Straubel at Dubai.

Musk and Straubel really in Dubai?

If so, great news.

Tweet

“Excited to bring the largest sustainable energy project in history to Dubai”.

Versus

“Hope shortville puts on some long pants. Boss battle is over for the shorts and their SEC overlords”.

To arrive at the thesis I posted in comments on Sep 29 about a potential GF5/Production deal in KSA, you just had to allow for the single possibility that nobody in the Financial Media even considered: "What if Elon was telling the truth about the Saudis wanting to fund Tesla?" Since the MSM never even considered that, they missed the obvious next consequences.

Now if Elon did indeed have funding secured, those funds didn't disappear in a puff of magical FUD and a toxic PR smear campaign. The Saudis still want to hedge their oil wealth, they still want solar PV and powerpacks for NEOM, and they still want Tesla EVs on Saudi Arabian roads.

Importantly, in the Bloomberg interview, MbS said EVs will not threaten oil, because
"nobody is talking about electric jets (sic) or electric ships". And he said there will always be the need for petrochemicals. So the present and future economic leader of KSA thinks that EVs and oil can co-exist in their future, and he intends to benefit from both. Key point right there.

So now the Saudis will likely buy more Tesla equity and products. My guess is we'll see an announcement on Oct 18 of an over $100B investment (to start). Note that last month KSA did cancel their previous $200B solar PV plan. They may have a better deal in the works, which also likely means a bigger, more expansive deal, so I am not placing any sort of cap on their next announcement. I view a $100B initial committment as a sort of kick-starter, Saudi-style.

With GF5 built locally, the Saudis would have no problem providing local loans to Tesla for the capital expenditures, knowing they have sole legal jurisdiction and physical control of the plant and equipment. This is the same reason GF3 in Shanghai is funded with local loans, comfortable in the knowledge that plants can't walk!

I also expect the Saudi PIF to take a larger equity stake in TSLA. With a properly sized investment, the Saudi PIF could literally own their own virtual Gigafactory (with locked-in and committed foreign engineering talent). Thus the Saudis get solar PV, battery storage and EVs at wholesale (commodities plus labor), and then sell those products into a large captive market. This also addresses Saudi balance-of-trade issues, since they are not importing significant amounts of expensive high tech products. So GF5/TSLA is a slick deal for KSA, why wouldn't they invest more right now?

Looking forward to the coming Saudi economic conference on Oct 18, and will watch for an announcement on a deal between KSA and Tesla.

Cheers!

Nice to fantasize but I think a Gigafactory announcement for KSA is highly unlikely. If they announce a huge solar/battery storage project (quite possible) some people here will be disappointed that it wasn't more.

Can anyone explain to me why are banks hitting up Tesla w/ refi offers? Is this standard procedure when debt gets near due?
Banks only offer you loans when they think you can pay it back. Or as the old adage goes " Banks only want to offer you money when you don't need it".

All many bankers do most days is look at projected cashflows and assess lending risk.

This is fomenting. It apart of creating rumors to hit the stock. Right out of the crime playbook. “Sources tell me...” Cramer explained it in chilling detail.

Also, people showing up on Tesla enthusiasts forum to spread the rumor is apart of that. Watch now someone will write a news article about your comment and say forum members are fearful of refinancing rumor spread by Fox’s Gaspari (best if they don’t attribute and just leave abstract).

See how this works?

Can you directly reference a regulation that makes this outright illegal? I'd like to believe these trolls showing up here are engaging in criminal acts.

See how this works?

Ive seen the Cramer video, thanks tho.

However that wasn't my question.

Usually the shorts post something that is actually happening, normal and ordinary and claim it is the end of Tesla. See the recent "discussion" about car carriers staging on Kato Rd, right by the factory, and delivery center.

Seemed to me that bankers could be talking about refi (that would be the nugget of truth) but the rest of the conclusions drawn from that could be bunk.

So Ill ask again -- as I am not familair with the bond market and all the arcane processes of Wall St. -- is this a normal or expected process?

• Love
Reactions: neroden
To arrive at the thesis I posted in comments on Sep 29 about a potential GF5/Production deal in KSA, you just had to allow for the single possibility that nobody in the Financial Media even considered: "What if Elon was telling the truth about the Saudis wanting to fund Tesla?" Since the MSM never even considered that, they missed the obvious next consequences.

Now if Elon did indeed have funding secured, those funds didn't disappear in a puff of magical FUD and a toxic PR smear campaign. The Saudis still want to hedge their oil wealth, they still want solar PV and powerpacks for NEOM, and they still want Tesla EVs on Saudi Arabian roads.

Importantly, in the Bloomberg interview, MbS said EVs will not threaten oil, because
"nobody is talking about electric jets (sic) or electric ships". And he said there will always be the need for petrochemicals. So the present and future economic leader of KSA thinks that EVs and oil can co-exist in their future, and he intends to benefit from both. Key point right there.

So now the Saudis will likely buy more Tesla equity and products. My guess is we'll see an announcement on Oct 18 of an over $100B investment (to start). Note that last month KSA did cancel their previous $200B solar PV plan. They may have a better deal in the works, which also likely means a bigger, more expansive deal, so I am not placing any sort of cap on their next announcement. I view a $100B initial committment as a sort of kick-starter, Saudi-style.

With GF5 built locally, the Saudis would have no problem providing local loans to Tesla for the capital expenditures, knowing they have sole legal jurisdiction and physical control of the plant and equipment. This is the same reason GF3 in Shanghai is funded with local loans, comfortable in the knowledge that plants can't walk!

I also expect the Saudi PIF to take a larger equity stake in TSLA. With a properly sized investment, the Saudi PIF could literally own their own virtual Gigafactory (with locked-in and committed foreign engineering talent). Thus the Saudis get solar PV, battery storage and EVs at wholesale (commodities plus labor), and then sell those products into a large captive market. This also addresses Saudi balance-of-trade issues, since they are not importing significant amounts of expensive high tech products. So GF5/TSLA is a slick deal for KSA, why wouldn't they invest more right now?

Looking forward to the coming Saudi economic conference on Oct 18, and will watch for an announcement on a deal between KSA and Tesla.

Cheers!
We came up with pretty much the same thing. The odds of this deal happening is therefore doubled from 1/3 to 2/3 :)
All signs point to this deal being with Tesla. I can’t wait for the next few weeks to pass soon enough.

upload_2018-10-6_15-18-58.jpeg

upload_2018-10-6_15-19-34.jpeg

Here is the source of today’s manufactured rumor. Straight from the crime playbook. This is the “reporter” from the fox video everyone with Apple stock app has seen today.

If it isn’t clear the objective is a hostile take over, it should be very clear now.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Last edited:
View attachment 341497
View attachment 341498

Here is the source of today’s manufactured rumor. Straight from the crime playbook. This is the “reporter” from the fox video everyone with Apple stock app has seen today.

If it isn’t clear the objective is a hostile take over, it should be very clear now.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Not to derail things, but I have Apple stock and haven’t seen any fox video today... I looked around but don’t see much, anything I should be aware of?

EDIT: Ohhhhhh Apple Stock *App*. Oops.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Open Interest
Status
Not open for further replies.