Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile VW is discovering that mass-manufacturing EVs is ... hard:

Will the SEC now investigate VW for misleading investors that the I.D. would be on the market in 2019, while in reality it's 2020? ;)
The swedish already started with the construction of their battery company. The batteries of course will have"outdated" cylindrical design. German TerraE with the massive help of german government starts their huge project. The main target is of course "outdated" "non-optimal" cylindrical batteries of 2170 form factor.
I don't believe the european car factories will "try hard" before 2020-22. Which of course is stupid. There are plenty of other problems with electrification of autos beside battery form factor.
I wonder which one will finally realize that the graal of EV is BMS. Porsche definitely didn't.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Off topic because it applies to the whole forum, I wish there were selections for "agree" and "don't like" in addition to "like" and "disagree." Agree for sure as there are many posts with which I agree but I don't necessarily like.

Probably be hard to add, but I think it would be more accurate to have that choice.
OMG wip this was a virtual bar room brawl. :eek:
Remove the 'Dislike' Button?

sure and this agreement made Thiel to invest in SpaceX too....
This is normal, standard condition for any separationagreement and was targeting Musk much more than Thiel or any other director.
There's a lot of material in the actual agreement that is very far from "normal" or "standard", and it's all about ego, face saving and a substantial payoff if Mr. Musk agreed to go quietly. Max Levichen and Peter Thiel make their own investment decisions, obviously, and SpaceX is a terrific company doing incredible things, with a capable, steady hand at the operational helm (thank you Ms Shotwell).
Robin

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap
Wow! Shorts are using Fox reporter to spread $TSLA bankruptcy fear. This is the exactly why Elon wants to make shorting illegal. Can Murdoch do something about this?

p2.png

p1.png

guys please stay civil. I udner
There's a lot of material in the actual agreement that is very far from "normal" or "standard", and it's all about ego, face saving and a substantial payoff if Mr. Musk agreed to go quietly. Max Levichen and Peter Thiel make their own investment decisions, obviously, and SpaceX is a terrific company doing incredible things, with a capable, steady hand at the operational helm (thank you Ms Shotwell).
Robin
Really?
A Non-Disparagement or Protection of Reputation clause restricts individuals from taking any action that negatively impacts an organization, its reputation, products, services, management or employees. They are found in virtually all settlement agreements and about a quarter of executive employment agreements. Some examples briefly describe the prescribed actions; others build a thesaurus-like list of prohibited actions.
Shotwell is a sales woman, she is not a CEO. She actually does say this all the time. Her job is to provide SpaceX with contracts and she does terrific job.

But she didn't sleep "next" to Mueller to make Raptor raptoring, or rockets rocketing.

guys please stay civil. I udner

Really?

Shotwell is a sales woman, she is not a CEO. She actually does say this all the time. Her job is to provide SpaceX with contracts and she does terrific job.

But she didn't sleep "next" to Mueller to make Raptor raptoring, or rockets rocketing.
I believe Gwynne Shotwell is President and Chief Operating Officer at SpaceX. No doubt she's a hell of a salewoman, too.
Robin

Here’s the short argument: Tesla cheats on quarterly reports of its model 3 production numbers, this is why they’ve endred 3 straight quarters of misses. Anyone see the irony in this? Now if Tesla were to publish 10k of Model 3 production every quarter like Enron did, then they might have a case.

Didn’t they pull this same dirty tactic during Model SX ramp?

CNBC is insane with their analysis of Tesla. It's really amazing. As a right wing person I don't understand why the liberal media attacks Tesla. It's so counter their supposed green goal. Ah but I digress. I just want Tesla to build cars at a profit lol.

What you have to remember is that while most of the media is liberal relative to some of the media (i.e., MSNBC, CNN, etc vs Fox News), mostly they are first and foremost corporations, with only a few outlets actually truly identifying with a political position. CNBC, CNN, etc are "liberal" because they can make money pretending to be, but they're really pro-corporate. If they were truly liberal they'd be backing progressive candidates instead of deriding them and backing corporate candidates, for example. There are of course media companies that truly are what the claim to be at all points along the spectrum, but they're the exception, not the rule. All the major players are pro corporate.

Since Tesla doesn't buy air time, and controversy sells, they make their money on Tesla at Tesla's expense indirectly rather than directly. If Tesla spent millions or billions in ads, they would be far more polite, perhaps even supportive.

The truly liberal outlets that you'd expect to be pro Tesla will still sometimes find a reason to be anti-Tesla (whether it be in falling for FUD, or by not liking them because they're a large corporation worth billions and thus automatically evil, etc). Realistically, truly conservative outlets ought to support them as one of two never bankrupted domestic automakers and example of the American Dream success and so on, but similarly they are easily distracted by FUD and other things (such as their pro-environment selling points).

So Tesla has few true friends in the media, anywhere, when really, anyone who isn't a sellout anywhere on the spectrum should have a reason to support them..

Last edited:
Yet many people actively work against it. It's hard to believe but it's true.

What if your job depended on coal? Mine doesn’t and if it did - I would get away from it.

Not everyone can (easily) hence there’s nuance to every political side.

Politics is all motivated self interest. Your regulation is someone else’s loss of livelihood.

That’s why we need people in charge that can wisely navigate all the complexities while moving towards sustainable energy and clean air.

The best is train coal miners to install solar panels.

It never happens however. We are all too busy taking extreme positions and digging in against the enemy. The enemy being those who don’t tow our views hook, line and sinker.

Interesting that AWD % is reducing. If we see a trend in this over the next few weeks then it could indicate the level of demand for AWD by cash buyers in the US is being matched by current production. There is obviously a tonne of levers that Tesla can still use to increase AWD demand if desired (reversing the recent increase in price of the AWD option, start leasing, open new geographies, etc).

Tesla recently reached 10k motors per week, IIRC.

So an increasing share of RWD in the VIN registrations could in principle mean that Tesla is (about ready to be) producing more than 5k cars per week (because that would not allow for all of them to be AWD).

Last edited:
Wow! Shorts are using Fox reporter to spread $TSLA bankruptcy fear. This is the exactly why Elon wants to make shorting illegal. Can Murdoch do something about this?

View attachment 341475

View attachment 341476

Didn’t shorts say Tesla Model 3 reservations were fake? That it would never be manufactured in mass quantities? Heck I think they even said Tesla won’t even make a single dime on the Model 3. Shorters also begged the sec to investigate Model 3 reservations hahah. Maybe the guy should learn something about Tesla before posting such nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.