Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't buy into the "support" thesis and I'm not afraid of a few cuts. Company is stronger than ever and today's pricing is a great discount. Sure it could go lower but I don't buy on margin so I can wait it out.

This. I slept on it, saw we had gotten an even greater discount, then added 20 this AM at $268.

Buying NOW comes across as an emotional reaction, not well thought out.

Thanks for the psychiatric assessment, but I assure you this level has been my 'well, that's a steal' level for some time. And the company's stronger now than recently.

It's a bit like being at a party, taking advantage of one drunk girl rather than getting on with your stud life and enjoying all of the girls...

Ah, I see you're not one to be taken seriously. Thanks for the clarification.

For longs that add today, now, this am, WHY now, today, this am?

Are you familiar with the catching the falling knife analogy?

250 will only be known as support after it is tested a third time...

RS line approaching new low...

SP reaction is way overblown.
If you are not prepared to catch a falling knife you will not catch anything.
Will add more at $260 and even more in the low $250s.
Even then I will keep some firewower to be prepared if SP drops even further.
Will start to reduce my long exposure starting at $360, $370.
I love buying low and selling high.
Thanks for the sale!

I don't get you guys who were long but bailed. The numbers are there. You see HUGE gains every quarter, we're on track to make a killing in a year or so, we're profitable now.

ICE sales are on the decline, TESLA model 3 revenue is DOUBLE that of the toyota camry, with killer margins coming.

Not only that, if you invertebrate longs would take a look, GE is cratering...wanna know why, besides shoddy management? Because their power division, where they make and sell turbines for power plants, fell off a cliff.

You think there's any correlation between GE's power division failing and Tesla Energy's imminent ramping?? I sure as hell do. The entire power plant industry is holding off on building new gas fired turbines because they're waiting to see how battery storage pans out. And we all know who the battery storage leader is.

Elon is honest to a fault, he has integrity, he works harder than any human being on earth, is smarter than 99.999%, and wants to save the environment as much as he can, and in the process make us longs money. I am with him all...the...way!!!

I couldn’t agree more. The China issue stated in the letter might of spooked some investors, but they have to realize we haven’t shipped Model 3 to that market yet. The S/X will continue to sell really well there dispute the tariffs because Tesla’s are reasonably priced, unlike the Mercedes S class which sells for $300k there. With Tesla the price action is always exaggerated, which scares off some investors. Once we show profits during Q3 earnings in 4 weeks the buyers will likely return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at it this way guys, Goldman Sachs has one of the most bearish analyst on Tesla, and he’s pricing us at $220s when Tesla was spending like no tomorrow to expand Model 3 production. Now that production is falling into place, and the possibility of a profitable quarter is here (which no analyst has predicted so far), it’ll be a turning point in TSLA. Q3 numbers look really good right now, Q4 is about to be much better due to improved margins.

Transparent ad hominem

Indeed. I had addressed the substance of your stance earlier in that post. The comment directed at you personally was also needed. Ad hominem generally refers to attacking a person rather than their argument. Since 1) your argument was so easily refuted, and 2) your subsequent analogy reflects so poorly on you, I felt the need to address it.

We get that he is angry about the FUD and manipulation and even the SEC pushing the Shorts' agenda.
But a few snarky tweets are not going to help. If he wants to fight this injustice, he needs much more serious ammunition.
Does he have the means to prove the manipulation, bring some bad players to justice ?
That is the real question. If he doesn't, then blowing steam on twitter does not help.

Reactions: gene
You can say that since you bought in when the SP was in low double digits. Would you feel the same way if 20%+ of your shares value had evaporated?

Obvious comment: 20% of his share's value evaporated regardless of what point he bought in at (assuming he bought in before recent highs, which he did).

As one whose average purchase price is now hovering around $100, meh.

So far in the first hour nearly 5 M shares have traded, that is over half the former average trade volume was, and 1/4 of recent volume. This dog might move down further.

Who keeps selling to all these buyers?
1) People who have given up on Musk
2) People who do not see a substantial enough profit (or a loss) in Q3.
3) People getting margin calls

Status
Not open for further replies.