Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can say that since you bought in when the SP was in low double digits. Would you feel the same way if 20%+ of your shares value had evaporated?

Seeing as how I have lost more than 20%, I can answer: Yes. Since it fluctuates so much, I don’t freak out. And I am playing with my own money. You sound like your job depends on it and are gambling with other people’s money. Those two things probably weigh more on you than our situation. I’d be worried too if I knew that someone could come after me to “break my legs” after losing their money.

I couldn’t agree more. The China issue stated in the letter might of spooked some investors, but they have to realize we haven’t shipped Model 3 to that market yet. The S/X will continue to sell really well there dispute the tariffs because Tesla’s are reasonably priced, unlike the Mercedes S class which sells for $300k there. With Tesla the price action is always exaggerated, which scares off some investors. Once we show profits during Q3 earnings in 4 weeks the buyers will likely return.
With a 40% tariff in place, I do not expect Tesla to ship Model 3's to China until the tariffs are reduced back to 15-20%. The tariffs killed S & X sales in August. Why send Model s 3's there when you can send them to Europe for immediate sales to eager buyers?

We’re below where we were in July of 2014. Over 4 years ago.

I never would have thought that was a possibility, given all the accomplishments.

November 7th can’t come fast enough!

Don’t count on November 7th having that big of an impact. It will take the absence of the fed tax credit with continued strong sales and the payoff of some of those large debts to remove a couple major short thesis items.

We’re below where we were in July of 2014. Over 4 years ago.

I never would have thought that was a possibility, given all the accomplishments.

November 7th can’t come fast enough!

I can’t wait for it either. From what I’m reading so far from “analysts”, I think the street will be shocked to see that Tesla has finally turned the corner. How’s the Hog Negativity Index right now?

Last edited:
We get that he is angry about the FUD and manipulation and even the SEC pushing the Shorts' agenda.
But a few snarky tweets are not going to help. If he wants to fight this injustice, he needs much more serious ammunition.
Does he have the means to prove the manipulation, bring some bad players to justice ?
That is the real question. If he doesn't, then blowing steam on twitter does not help.

True. But on one hand you have a man who lives and breathes Tesla, much more than any of us; it's his baby, and he is fully aware how many people's prosperity - including employees - depends on the SP going up. So when Tesla manages to reach almost impossible production / delivery targets by pushing 24/7 and then the stock price drops because of comments on Twitter, something will snap. The frustration is obvious.

On the other hand, you have burned investors who used to cheer for tweets, but who now, after the SEC and pedo-guy episodes, freak out at anything EM tweets, regardless if it's something actually damaging.

I really don't think these low levels will continue until the ER. I agree the goalposts will keep moving, but eventually (possibly sooner than people expect, possibly before EOY) the tide will turn once actual investors see the light.

Hang in there, buy if you can. And of course: not an advice.

Seeing as how I have lost more than 20%, I can answer: Yes. Since it fluctuates so much, I don’t freak out. And I am playing with my own money. You sound like your job depends on it and are gambling with other people’s money. Those two things probably weigh more on you than our situation. I’d be worried too if I knew that someone could come after me to “break my legs” after losing their money.
LOL... You need to keep up with the thread posts. We netted $440k in the last 7 days. All family money. I am personally back in off the sidelines with both calls and puts. I even posted a copy of one of my personal accounts at E-Trade just to prove my positions were valid, not fantasy.

If you supplemented your long shares with a small options strategy your losses would be much lower. Just a suggestion.

Elon is doing two things:

Playing 4D Chess with short sellers. He’s creating a huge bear trap and will soon announce good news. You guys seriously think he is dumb? BOD is laughing with him.

Free and effective advertisement. He’s drawing so much free publicity, so many new memes, younger generation think he’s a badass, etc. Shortseller Enrichment Committee... cmon, that’s gold. And the new Tesla referral program... lmao.

I’ve never laughed so hard while losing so much money. Watch the epic squeeze people.
This right here. You either get it or you don't. Elon is in peak form and the squeeze will literally be a historic event.

Guys, do you know why are there so many shares available for shorting all of the sudden? Also borrow rate has dropped:

IBorrow Desk

There haven't been so many shares available for shorting since last year.

My theory is that weak longs / some institutional shareholders are dumping their shares and shorts are taking the opportunity for covering. Any thoughts?

True. But on one hand you have a man who lives and breathes Tesla, much more than any of us; it's his baby, and he is fully aware how many people's prosperity - including employees - depends on the SP going up. So when Tesla manages to reach almost impossible production / delivery targets by pushing 24/7 and then the stock price drops because of comments on Twitter, something will snap. The frustration is obvious.

On the other hand, you have burned investors who used to cheer for tweets, but who now, after the SEC and pedo-guy episodes, freak out at anything EM tweets, regardless if it's something actually damaging.

I really don't think these low levels will continue until the ER. I agree the goalposts will keep moving, but eventually (possibly sooner than people expect, possibly before EOY) the tide will turn once actual investors see the light.

Hang in there, buy if you can. And of course: not an advice.

Completely agree. more on that, it's Elon's many unpopular business decisions get us here, including spending money on supercharing network, and the giga factory. He has proven himself a business leader.

I am really pissed with his pedo comments. I am not so happy about the funding secured one either.

But yesterday's tweet I see it's a rallying call for the supporters to fight the misinformation against Tesla. I bet they removed all the forward looking statements from the delivery numbers, due to SEC pressure, and then the SP got slammed because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.