Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually having doubts that the stock price will go up from a good quarter. The FUD machine is that strong that it just might defy logic.

Even with luvb2b's model and you apply a 1 year forward PE of 20, the sp should be at 20. So the rest is made up of musk premium. PE method needs at least another quarter to draw a straight line for a projection.
I'm curious about some tips. I missed the last fridays drop to 26x but now I'm considering buying around 10 stock. As a small fry I'd like to get as good a purchase price as possible. So you guys thinking it will get below 260 before it turns up again? Yes I know this is my responsibility but I figured discussing short term stock price is ok in this thread :)

Tsla is usually a good buy when 7 day rsi falls below 20. A very rare event usually.

I'm curious about some tips. I missed the last fridays drop to 26x but now I'm considering buying around 10 stock. As a small fry I'd like to get as good a purchase price as possible. So you guys thinking it will get below 260 before it turns up again? Yes I know this is my responsibility but I figured discussing short term stock price is ok in this thread :)

Don't buy stock with borrowed money.
Never use margin.
Don't panic if it goes lower.
Buy the 10 shares. You will be fine.

For longs that add today, now, this am, WHY now, today, this am?

Are you familiar with the catching the falling knife analogy?

250 will only be known as support after it is tested a third time...

I don't buy into the "support" thesis and I'm not afraid of a few cuts. Company is stronger than ever and today's pricing is a great discount. Sure it could go lower but I don't buy on margin so I can wait it out.

Every investor has their breaking point. Only idiots do not set predetermined limits on losses. You can always get out and wait for another entry point. TSLA is enough of a rollercoaster to allow for this.

If it is lower than when you bought it, it is a better time to buy it. So if fundamentals haven't worsened, one should do a virtual spread. A sell because you are annoyed combined with a buy because it is a good deal. Net result: hold.

We can only blame Musk's tweet for $12 bucks of the drop from $312.

Correct. He needs to STFU with stupid tweets and focus on the business. He's making himself look like a fool. He clearly hasn't learned anything from this whole episode of taking the company private and the SEC charges against him.

He should also get off the weed and meds, take some time off and delegate some authority, hire someone for Tesla like a Gwen Shotwell (SpaceX).

I don't buy into the "support" thesis and I'm not afraid of a few cuts. Company is stronger than ever and today's pricing is a great discount. Sure it could go lower but I don't buy on margin so I can wait it out.

This. Buy on irrational dips (FUD storms etc). I don't try to time the bottom. In the grand scheme of things a few dollars in either direction isn't going to make a difference in a 5+ year period.

I am actually having doubts that the stock price will go up from a good quarter. The FUD machine is that strong that it just might defy logic.
Yep. I have given up after over a year of people on here analyzing and saying "next quarter, when..." From some of the estimates on here over the past two years, TSLA should have been over $400 by now. The manipulation is too strong right now. We really need a new WH admin that will raise the moral compass of our country and project for a better future. When that happens, Tesla is right there to be an example and positive articles will start to be written.

I especially worry about the clear and utter disregard of any negativity. It really seems like there is a spinning coin flip, all everyone can see is heads, tails not being possible.

I find this company viable long term but no longer worth investing and holding.
I wonder why you worry about long term investors. And thank you if you decided to sell any shares you had. Much appreciated.

I, and many here, are in no way have a clear and utter disregard of any negativity. We see it from the hordes of those who spread their FUD and media hit pieces, constantly. They have a lot to lose, and they understand time is running out. The intensity of their attacks, both on the stock, investor base, the company, and Elon himself, is palpable. Even government agencies are getting into the act.

Disregard for the negativity? No, not really. Not at all.

Correct. He needs to STFU with stupid tweets and focus on the business. He's making himself look like a fool. He clearly hasn't learned anything from this whole episode of taking the company private and the SEC charges against him.

He should also get off the weed and meds,

That's just stupid, he's obviously not a pot smoker. Don't know about the meds.

This. Buy on irrational dips (FUD storms etc). I don't try to time the bottom. In the grand scheme of things a few dollars in either direction isn't going to make a difference in a 5+ year period.

So many tired arguments and FUD. Like it matters much if you bought at 27 vs 35. Rewind a couple years and that was the big deal. Buy in the last month at 270 vs 350. Same *sugar*. If you can't afford to lose it i.e. margin call, don't do it.

Do you think if this judge really blames SEC for any potential wrong doing for TSLA shareholders we'd see a price hike back to 300s? I mean not an actual penalty but even investigation? I know you shouldn't trade on feelings but it 'feels' like this way below 300 trend is here to stay. All I have I recently bought Tesla with after Elon smoking pot (270s). It has been fun and games but it now looks like I'm lower than where I was in the beginning. After seeing stock drop to 290s even after a great Q3 I thought this was a short term irrational move and bought November 370 calls. I'm fine with shares as I'm long term but calls will suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.