Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can take advantage of a buying opportonity as much as you want. The problem is: retail investors have very little influence on share price. Elon can take questions from a YouTuber, but what impacts the SP most is the analyst opinion and their price targets. And how their investment arms will buy/sell the stock.

Disagree. What impacts the SP the most is market share, profits and future cash flows. The analysts are along for the ride mostly spouting nonsense with short term incentives in mind. This pretty much applies to all companies, especially high growth disrupters.

Reactions: RobStark and Remus
...what impacts the SP most is the analyst opinion and their price targets.

It's more about how the portfolio managers in the institutions react; (institutions hold over 100 million of the 170 million shares outstanding). The more conservative portfolio managers, who might have preferred more of an explanation of the path to realize the predictions and who have good gains, might step to the sidelines until the next results are reported in early August. This may take a week or so after the 10Q is available to shake out the near term share price level. The investment banks market new issues to institutions.

• Helpful
Reactions: Waiting4M3
I was annoyed that after 30mins the questions really weren’t going anywhere.

To me the letter was pretty simple

1. Model 3 is a home run. Demand is not an issue

2. Production has gone from about 700/week to over 2000/ week in the last couple of months. Expect 3000/week in relatively short order

3. Company becomes cash flow positive somewhere above 4000/week (this actually would have been a good question)

4. Other stuff

You can take advantage of a buying opportonity as much as you want. The problem is: retail investors have very little influence on share price. Elon can take questions from a YouTuber, but what impacts the SP most is the analyst opinion and their price targets. And how their investment arms will buy/sell the stock.

What affects stock price most is the companyZ's ability to make money in the long run! I love how these so called analysts forgot who they are!

Cramer defends Elon Musk's crazy call: Every CEO would love to go off like that

"This was the best call I've heard in a long time," Cramer said on "Squawk on the Street." "If I were Elon Musk I would have done the exact same thing," adding many other business leaders must also get sick of questions and likely feel the same as Musk.

"They're all tired and boring, asking tough questions, and what he did do was the internal thinking of a lot of CEOs," Cramer said.

Cramer was also impressed by Musk's frankness. On the call, Musk told analysts that he had no interest in satisfying the interest of day traders and that he "couldn't care less." Musk added, "Please sell our stock and don't buy it."

"You know what that's called? Truth from Musk. Truth," Cramer said. "None of this is, 'I'm kidding.' None of this."

Status
Not open for further replies.