Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time AAPL shareholder here ... and I've been saying this for two years now. I've posted many times on a well known AAPL forum and I have to say that I've not really felt many agreed with me but maybe now with Tesla actually selling cars with respectable numbers people will come around.

It's VERY simple :

Apple needs another product and a way to get into the Auto ecosystem, Apple "skates to where the puck is" ... the puck is in EV and autonomous driving.

Tesla needs capital and manufacturing experience ... Apple has both ...

Both companies believe in green power and know the power of alternative energy sources ....

BIG question is how the two cultures can exist .... Elon's personality is larger than life and next to a Steve Jobs it may have proven to be too much ... Tim Cook on the other hand has the kind of personality that can work with Elon's quirks.

I think if Tesla and Apple were to partner in some sort of way the results could be amazing, talk about Synergy??

Cheers to the longs
Then I'd have to update Itunes every time I went for a drive. ;)

I agree that apple needs to do something with that pile of cash, but are they going to make this gamble? It feels like their days of innovation are over.

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
Long time AAPL shareholder here ... and I've been saying this for two years now. I've posted many times on a well known AAPL forum and I have to say that I've not really felt many agreed with me but maybe now with Tesla actually selling cars with respectable numbers people will come around.

It's VERY simple :

Apple needs another product and a way to get into the Auto ecosystem, Apple "skates to where the puck is" ... the puck is in EV and autonomous driving.

Both companies believe in green power and know the power of alternative energy sources ....

BIG question is how the two cultures can exist .... Elon's personality is larger than life and next to a Steve Jobs it may have proven to be too much ... Tim Cook on the other hand has the kind of personality that can work with Elon's quirks.

I think if Tesla and Apple were to partner in some sort of way the results could be amazing, talk about Synergy??

Cheers to the longs

Don't get me wrong, I love Apple products, my family is utilising the full eco-system of iPhones, Macs, Watches, Apple TV's, etc.

Bur since Jobs died the company has lost its way and all sense on innovations, they're living off products that he initiated, or evaluations of them.

I would hate for Tesla to go down that same route. Elon need to be unfettered in what he does.

Would only work if Elon was in charge of Tesla AND Apple - now that would be interesting and a good use of money.

Apple to buy TSLA at $520 a share. I find that extremely unlikely.

1) Apple AAPL, -2.33% gets funding to buy Tesla TSLA, +1.55% at $520 per share. Saxo’s head of equity strategy, Peter Garnry says it isn’t such a far-fetched idea because Apple has a $237 billion cashpile and needs to “expand its ecosystem.

“Apple has the financial strength to fulfill Elon Musk’s wildest dreams, ensuring that Tesla doesn’t have to balance capital expenditures to cash flow generation in the short term,” says Garnry.

Apple will buy Tesla and other ‘outrageous predictions’ from Saxo Bank

It's VERY simple :

Cheers to the longs

Apple definitely needs something innovative and new, they're very different company than even 5 years ago (heck, I've owned iPhones since the original iPhone and I need to update my phone soon, but no way I'm spending that much money and am seriously considering getting an Android...). But that's Apple's problem.

But Tesla doesn't need to be acquired, not anymore. For one, I think half of Tesla engineers would quit immediately after such acquisition. And I doubt Elon would like to have a boss. Such acquisition maybe might have been realistic if Model 3 ramp didn't go as it did, but now it's too late. I don't see any reason why Tesla would want to be acquired.

Then I'd have to update Itunes every time I went for a drive. ;)

I agree that apple needs to do something with that pile of cash, but are they going to make this gamble? It feels like their days of innovation are over.
While you are likely correct, I wouldn't write them off too quickly. Apple likes to keep their projects quiet and they do have an EV -- probably just for developing autonomous driving and not likely to go anywhere, but there is some wiggle room in there.

But to bring it back to $TSLA: I don't really see the synergy. I mean, looking at the surface I do, the two companies look so eerily similar. But I don't think Tesla needs Apple's cash. And Apple's production experience isn't even remotely automotive. If Tesla really wanted cash they could raise it. And as for production experience, I really think Tesla is breaking new ground so I don't think any partner would be that helpful for Tesla.

That said, if Tesla was willing to give up control over the entertainment system Apple does have a lot of experience in that realm. I think such a collaboration could give outstanding results, but I wouldn't expect the collaboration, and if it happened I wouldn't expect the outstanding results. Both companies want to own the experience and the data and it just doesn't seem (to me) to mesh that well.

i agree that Apple has been lost since Jobs died. Seems like most of their development these days is on features that help them, not the customer.

One of the main reasons Tesla has been able to do what they have done is that Elon Musk has had the freedom to swim against such a deafening tsunami of criticism and naysaying. No boss on Earth would have ever allowed him to lead Tesla down the path he has carved out. Tesla being acquired by anyone would be a worldwide tragedy.

I had recently been messing around a bit with stellar isochrone modeling and quantum chemistry sims recently for a project I've had at the back of my mind for ages for doing whole-planet CFD and geochemistry sims, but I've decided to put it on hold for a NFC data system for a biodome project I'm involved in.

MV5BYzY0ZjI0NTUtNDE4Yi00OGU2LWExZDMtNTY1MTM3ZWE3MzEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.