Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In recent weeks, FBI agents have contacted former Tesla employees asking them for testimony in the criminal case. The former employees received subpoenas earlier in the probe, and FBI agents recently have sought to interview a number of them, the people said.​

In all the hub bub I failed to notice *former* employees. huh? What's up with that?

Because I think it is former employees that the media has reported spilled secrets that Elon knew for a fact that they couldn't meet the goals he was telling everyone. So they would need to interview those employees to see what information they really have and then can compare that against what Tesla has shared with them.

Tripp?

In recent weeks, FBI agents have contacted former Tesla employees asking them for testimony in the criminal case. The former employees received subpoenas earlier in the probe, and FBI agents recently have sought to interview a number of them, the people said.​

In all the hub bub I failed to notice *former* employees. huh? What's up with that?

Except it's not being unused. It's being used to make you more money. The more money you have invested, the more you will make, assuming the SP rises.

Is there a point when you have too much money? Yes. Unfortunately, almost no one will ever reach that point in their lifetime.
For certain definitions of "almost no one". I'm pretty sure Charles Koch and Donald Trump were born with too much money, given what they've been (mis)using their money for.

At a certain point, the main valuable use of more money is to engage in charitable or essentially charitable activities (I think we understand that Tesla's mission to end the use of fossil fuels is essentially charitable, even though it's making a profit). One can spend arbitrarily large amounts of money on such projects to help humanity, as Musk does. But *some* rich people do *not* do that and instead use their money to corrupt the government. At which point I think they have too much money.

Agreed. Is it possible to estimate how much?
Yes. There's basically a formula for it, though I haven't looked it up lately. I haven't bothered to do so. Tesla bond pricing is volatile enough that I figured to check how much of an effect it had, I'd have to compare the modelled price change from rate increases against smoothed averages of the bond price, which I didn't want to bother to compute.

Tesla/Elon aren't going to get in trouble if the guidance was simply optimistic. Rather, they'd get in trouble if they were outright lying. If Elon was going around telling insiders it was impossible while publicly saying they were going to do it, then they could be in trouble. If Elon's production folks were telling him it was impossible but he didn't believe them and kept saying it, then it's murkier. It's a judgement call on whether Elon believed was he was saying.

Didn’t Bob Lutz and his 39 year credential say it was impossible to build the ModelX? Many thought it was impossible to land rockets the way SpaceX does it. It’s not that murky.

If nobody at Tesla will admit to wrongdoing, go after someone with a possible grudge to lie for you. Of course, they'll phrase it instead as going after someone who would be free from employer's pressure to lie.

• Love
Reactions: humbaba
re today's events,

I know many of you have already seen the linked video, but, with what seems to have happened today consider looking at this video

from 1:45-3:35

where Jim Cramer describes,

-the exact process of 1. create false narrative, 2. get it out in media

-using WSJ specifically

-explicitly says it's illegal

-explicitly says, "but you do it anyway" explicitly says, because the SEC does not understand it/wont do anything about it.

Again, please consider watching for 2 minutes starting at 1:45 into the video... it names names, names process, implies it is common, laughs at the SEC as missing this illegal part of some hedge funds playbook, and today's action appears to be like a textbook example of the playbook (obviously, would need due process to prove).
Damn... he was an ass then, he's added the hole now. That's like a textbook example of how to manipulate a market to bring down a company's stock price. Notice that was 2007, I'm sure it's even worse now, as we've recently seen. Regardless of what these bastards say about not shorting Tesla again blah blah blah, don't trust 'em, never will. Those Klingon bastards killed his son damn it!

I know a lot of people, who usually endorse Technical Analysis, will claim that "all the useful information about a stock is in the curve". This isn't true. With TSLA one has to understand the technology, organization, vision and financials. But because TSLA has been hated with such vitriol and shorted so intensely for many years one must also understand the short narrative in order to understand TSLA stock price movement.

IMO were now witnessing "the perfect storm" forming: Tesla is out of the woods with Model 3, margins are high and Tesla creates a solid profit and positive cash flow. Now we all knew this would happen this or next quarter. What we didn't know was how the short side would react. Now we start to get the answer: Citron closed their short position. People like Paolo Santos and Mark. B. Spiegl are walking back their position. Now don't get me wrong, Santos and Spiegl are grade A imbeciles, and have been a staple laughing stock (for good reason) in this community for years. However, when it comes to decoding the sentiment of the short side they are important canaries in the coal mine; their capitulation is an important signal that suggests something new and previously unprecedented when it comes to TSLA. When it comes to the signals were witnessing from prominent shorts the current moment is a "when hell freezes over" moment. For this reason I expect TSLA above $400 before the end of this year.

Unfortunately this could be a problem - even though I don't believe he was lying and think he would probably win in court, the DoJ might like to have a go anyway because it is murky. In this case, for a few months it won't really matter whether he wins in the end or not - the share price will be crushed, suppliers might get cold feet, his work schedule could be interrupted or restricted (perhaps even no foreign travel? I don't know exactly how this kind of thing works), etc.
Are you off your meds? Go to the Fordmotorsclub forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.