Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Repurchased my shares I sold and added 1000 shares.

Realized I was being too short sighted

Plus other companies like AMZN and NFLX are too overpriced right now. Couldn’t stand selling TSLA low to buy those stocks high

Sorry for reversal. Obviously I don’t know what I’m doing

for what it’s worth, it’s not an easy thing owning this stock at the peaks in negativity, and downright dreadful positioned in bullish options

for what it’s worth, it’s not an easy thing owning this stock at the peaks in negativity, and downright dreadful positioned in bullish options

Right and I have to admit shorts have some very solid points with respect to corporate governance. But I think that the quality of products and brand will likely outweigh this long term. Plus I think having Elon to trouble shoot manufacturing process is huge. Other companies don’t have engineering, programming expertise and depth like Tesla and spacex so will be hard for them to compete long term.

Most important thing right now is to iterate and iterate to point model 3 really needs to maintenance and can be made with high margins. It’s comforting to know Elon is focused on this

Right and I have to admit shorts have some very solid points with respect to corporate governance. But I think that the quality of products and brand will likely outweigh this long term. Plus I think having Elon to trouble shoot manufacturing process is huge. Other companies don’t have engineering, programming expertise and depth like Tesla and spacex so will be hard for them to compete long term.

Most important thing right now is to iterate and iterate to point model 3 really needs to maintenance and can be made with high margins. It’s comforting to know Elon is focused on this

I'm not a stock expert. I work in software development. I spent nearly a decade with a company that went from the edge of bankruptcy, to IPO, to a mutli-billion market value company. I've seen the sausage made. I know it's messy. Where Tesla is at now does not worry me. I think the risk was larger in the past.

When I read the shorts posts here, I think some of them have not worked in such a corporate environment and so are ignorant, or they're just driving an agenda.

I don't know enough to trade any kind of options. I just buy and hold until the day I'm ready to sell.

If you want your money to double in AMZN, Don’t hold your breath. Going from 1 trillion to 2 trillion marked cap will be Almost impossible.

Comparatively, going from 50 billion to 100 billion will be very doable for Tesla if they execute.
Apple sells a bunch of phones and tablets, and they get to 1 Trillion. Amazon will sell everything, including possibly healthcare. 2T does not seem like an issue.

I may not fully understand inverted candles and the like, but this is part of my day job. :)

Ah Omar, you would understand the FSD impact that I foresee (I'm a technologist as well... what's a candle right?) I think this crowd is used to focusing on profits and indicators as this thread should. Folks, there's a Waymo battle brewing and I live at Ground Zero literally here in Chandler Az. I'm even aware of construction and know they'll have to avoid Arizona Ave somehow in their routing during their pending pilot. They may even be waiting for Tesla's move first to know how to best market spin their story. Don't get me wrong, profit is critical, but FSD is what's next on the agenda IMHO.

Meanwhile, what market is Tesla going after? Oh, nothing, except a large chunk of the planet's energy and transportation infrastructure....

If Tesla could deploy enough capital to accelerate up the learning curve and down in price, they could effectively have a monopoly on energy storage and transportation. Elon should have raised more equity. You don't even need to consider winner take all scenarios for autonomy.

If you want your money to double in AMZN, Don’t hold your breath. Going from 1 trillion to 2 trillion marked cap will be Almost impossible.

Comparatively, going from 50 billion to 100 billion will be very doable for Tesla if they execute.
Frankly Tesla is a bargain right now, they are poised to own ev transportation space with semi and model 3 and pickups. They are poised to pivot to data and self driving algorithmic and processor deployment. And also poised to pivot to energy storage and presumably with SpaceX and satellites energy distribution.

Model 3 production numbers are meaningless and distract from the penultimate market and goal...

The level of understanding of running a growth business is at a kindergarten level here.

It's like writing about how Steve Jobs is sometimes not nice to people... and ignoring the iPhone.

They are just way focused on the absolutely wrong things.

And thus their readers have no visibility into the actual reality of what is going.

Q3, Q4 - going to be a real surprised to many people when they see how M3s are popping out and not stopping but increasing.

I see more and more on the road each day...

Maybe Bloomberg should report on that... you think?

They're probably feeling all smug right now, revelling in the shorty-zeitgeist, but pretty soon Tesla's going to look incredibly viable and then they'll look rather silly in retrospect.

Added 7 more today...every little bit helps!

My first buy was 8 shares back in 2015... more than 500 now - still mouse-nuts compared to many here, but enough for a comfortable retirement if things go to plan.

Yeah? Well... I uh, this guy I follow achieved being Blocked by Smeagol.

Ricky Allen (@EnvelopeJackson) | Twitter

Yeah, this is weird. i've many twitter followers who are blocked and yet I'm not. Maybe he muted me and doesn't see what I say about him, because he's the only person on Twitter that I name-call, well him and the President of the United States of America...

@bdy0627What are your thoughts on price action for TSLA next week?

I think we'll end the week 335ish - will be less FUD, some good insideevs estimated deliveries for the USA and the PR form whatever they show at Basel.

But this is just from reading tea-leaves, you understand, not from any sound market/financial knowledge or chart analysis - not that these folks' predictions seem to be any better :p

I have just joined the Twitter movement, and I abslutely love it! The arguments these shorts come up with, priceless!

Follow me! Follow me!

Repurchased my shares I sold and added 1000 shares.

Realized I was being too short sighted

Plus other companies like AMZN and NFLX are too overpriced right now. Couldn’t stand selling TSLA low to buy those stocks high

Sorry for reversal. Obviously I don’t know what I’m doing

Short term trading in California is a losing proposition. Depending on you tax bracket you could pay up to 54% tax on any gains while often not being able to balance with losses due to wash rule.

No more trading for me

Blimey, wish I could buy 1000 on top of what I sold... Did you get a profit on the trade?

Apple sells a bunch of phones and tablets, and they get to 1 Trillion. Amazon will sell everything, including possibly healthcare. 2T does not seem like an issue.

I agree, I think Amazon will get to 2tr, maybe 3, but it's going to take time and if you bought now you what, 3-5x maximum return, not much.

Tesla should give 10x in a 5-10 years, maybe 20x

@bdy0627

What are your thoughts on price action for TSLA next week?

Thanks,

N
My guess is that we will end the week next week higher than we start. We certainly could still dip further before reversing. It's very choppy now. Due to the negative sentiment, when it's choppy, it often finds its way lower. Having said that, it looks like there is good support at the level we are at. If something causes a drop into the mid $290s then I think it is unlikely to be supported there and will probably drop further. If we do drop further, I think there is a pretty good chance that we find good support in the mid $280s. Those are my thoughts, and I'm often wrong about short term share price movement. I'm personally waiting to add until the direction becomes clear.

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 11.12.47 AM.png

Here are a few thoughts about today's trading so far.

Yesterday was a positive day for TSLA because even with 62% of TSLA selling (high number on relative basis but published selling numbers are always higher than reality because of batching, etc.), shorts could not keep TSLA below 300. Yesterday was the first day when there was a serious indication that TSLA may have bottomed out from this nonsense dip (the renewed dip that began mid-Tuesday with Elon's diver tweet).

The shorts needed to get TSLA down well below 300 this morning if they were going to inspire more fear in longs that once 300 is breached, there's more to go. Today is important as a reinforcement of yesterday's rejection of going below 300. It's a psychological number, not something that is necessarily related to technical analysis. At the very least, they need to keep TSLA in the red, but preferably they want to close below 300.

The danger for the shorts is that if TSLA is showing strength yesterday and today, investors will have a three-day weekend to wake up to the fact that TSLA is a steal at these prices, the turnaround has likely begun, and the 3Q delivery numbers plus 3Q ER could very well send TSLA noticeably higher and be a springboard for an even better Q4.

Yesterday, we say a rally in the closing minutes as some of the smarter shorts figured that TSLA is down about as much as it will likely go on this nonsense dip and they exited. The run-up in the closing half hour of today's trading could be more intense. The shorts know what's at stake and will try to get the SP below 300 before close so as to discourage a last minute rally such as yesterday's. Can't wait to see what happens.

BTW, the early morning climb into the green should have been regarded as a false signal because the shorts have squashed almost all positive run-ups before 10:30am in the past two weeks. This is just another example. That said, I would be cautious on Tuesday morning a bit, but that day could be the first exception to this rule in a while if good news comes forth over the long weekend.

Agree, as a 'weak' long ;)
I may add software practice, logistics to their weak points. Rush of delivery did cause some pissed off customers. We learnt on twitter the captain imposed iron rule on quality control before delivery. This is definitely the right thing to do and positive long term, it may cause lower delivery numbers short term.

All these things are not easy to get right. But they have examples to learn from, existing best practice to follow.

Inventing the future, as they are doing now, is much harder.

Reactions: neroden
I think I leaned a long time ago that the very exact size of actual sugar cubes derives from the railroad gauge in a complicated formula from so many sugars in a box, so many boxes in a crate, so many crates in a freight car etc. Most likey the same applies to standard module for freight containers. Which also dictates how big trucks are.
I remember hearing that early train guages were based on cart widths and cart widths were based on grooves in the road and the earliest grooves were set by the Romans. Essentially a technology based in the 18th century relied on standards set the best part of 2k years ago.

And according to snopes it's not entirely bullshit.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden and Lessmog
I don't believe V9 is supposed to be "FSD", not even close to ready or approved.

Clarification. When I say FSD, it's the software that I purchased and whatever features that are included as they roll out over the next several years, including our new AI hardware at 1,000 fps in 2019'ish. So far, FSD does Summons is about all, but that's about to change in V9 (to some degree, TBD). Here's the explanation and EM own words. Tesla’s version 9 software update is coming in August with first ‘full self-driving features’, says Elon Musk

Please don't hit me for off topic. I think this will be the topic here soon as I forecast $TSLA. Just thinking ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.