Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. You're kidding, right? If you base your car buying on who's in the white house, you definately are looking at the wrong car. I've bought cars over the last 45 years (at least 10 off the top of my head) based on my needs and/or wants and could care less who held the presidency.

All of which were oil based. None of which were a new energy source and drive

This is a bit O.T., but I don't see how ANY woman can vote republican, Republicans basiclly HATE women, refuse to give them fair pay for equal work:
Senate GOP kills Paycheck Fairness Act - The Maddow Blog and Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are against/opposed to a womans right to choose, they offer nothing to %50 of the voting public.
Arizona Daily Wildcat :: Republican Party platform erodes womens reproductive rights
"Get back in the kitchen, make me some diner, and keep the house clean" that's the message of the Republican party to women.

There shouldn't even be a question that Romney will be defeated, hopefully by a landslide.
Here's another good one :) For all the details on Mitt Romney's 5 trillion dollar tax plan visit ROMNEYTAXPLAN.COM

I'm keeping ALL of my TSLA, and if it has a temporary drop I'll double down. There's no question who the next president of the US will be.

Last edited:
Wow. You're kidding, right? If you base your car buying on who's in the white house, you definately are looking at the wrong car. I've bought cars over the last 45 years (at least 10 off the top of my head) based on my needs and/or wants and could care less who held the presidency.
It's not about not buying a Tesla if Romney wins, it's about not buying any car at all because my needs and/or wants will end up being redirected into trying to surviving the consequences.

Except for the $7500 rebate, I doubt anything will change with either president. The fact is we are in debt and the Fed has to weaken to dollar which will drive up oil prices. This is good for Tesla long term.

That being said, Obama will win in November. It's all about Ohio and the auto industry there. Points to Obama on that one. Ironic, isn't it?

Which is which?

Oh nevermind.

Both parties share a good deal of blame for the bankrupting of America.
The last chance we had to "save the country" was a gentleman named "H Ross Perot" and a third independent party
Now it's just picking the lesser of two evils, either way where heading off the cliff.

I happen to believe Mr Obama and the democrats will be better for my TSLA investment (to stay on topic)

Debating which big party is better, is like debating which is better a poop hamburger or a diarrhea milkshake.
Even there it's an obvious choice. Diarrhea is an unhealthy condition, solid poop is normal, so take the hamburger. Even with two less than desirable choices one is still usually better than the other. TSLA stock will likely do better with one of the choices, probably the one that doesn't consider Tesla a failure. :rolleyes:

So, based on some posts yesterday with Sigs getting delivery windows in December, Tesla isn't going to come close to their reduced target. Tesla has pushed out their financials report, which as a software guys smacks of the move of pushing off a status update hoping to have less terrible news to tell senior management. It's never good news after that kind of delay, just hopefully not as bad. This will make multiple times in a row Tesla has missed numbers for the quarter.

I mentioned selling and I'm waffling on it. I mentioned if I sell and rebuy that resets my capital gains tax clock, which is unfortunate. I also have zero stock gains for the year as I don't invest in general, so I can't write off the losses if I sell. So, I guess I'm holding on to it, unless the stock would take such a big hit that it makes sense to eat the loss and reset the clock in order to get in at a lower price.

Not sure if I'm asking any sort of question, mostly musing on what limited information we have.

So, based on some posts yesterday with Sigs getting delivery windows in December, Tesla isn't going to come close to their reduced target. Tesla has pushed out their financials report, which as a software guys smacks of the move of pushing off a status update hoping to have less terrible news to tell senior management. It's never good news after that kind of delay, just hopefully not as bad. This will make multiple times in a row Tesla has missed numbers for the quarter.

I mentioned selling and I'm waffling on it. I mentioned if I sell and rebuy that resets my capital gains tax clock, which is unfortunate. I also have zero stock gains for the year as I don't invest in general, so I can't write off the losses if I sell. So, I guess I'm holding on to it, unless the stock would take such a big hit that it makes sense to eat the loss and reset the clock in order to get in at a lower price.

Not sure if I'm asking any sort of question, mostly musing on what limited information we have.

In order for the "selling and then getting in at a lower price" you can't really wait until the price has dropped, can you? This volatility is a b***h :)

Some believe TSLA is setup for a classic short squeeze, I would really hate to miss that opportunity if I sold my position, just before it happens. Could mean the difference to you of a substantial gain (just selling part of your position), versus a guaranteed loss if you sell underwater.

From SA: These Stocks Are Ready To Be Short-Squeezed - Seeking Alpha

In order for the "selling and then getting in at a lower price" you can't really wait until the price has dropped, can you? This volatility is a b***h :)
I'm thinking if Tesla drops their target again then the stock may tumble pretty badly, beyond normal volatility ranges. With final Sig deliveries in mid December, Tesla may have trouble even reaching 2000. In one thread, I pessimistically said that while it's not likely to get that bad, I wouldn't bank on all Sigs being delivered this year, but if Tesla sees any further delays that's a real possibility. People talk about Tesla building 100 cars/week, but that was a tweet about one week and it was only on building bodies, not full cars. If suppliers and quality are the issues, it doesn't matter if they can build 500 bodies a week if they can't finish them.

I'm sure someone will say Tesla is under promising on the dates so they can over deliver, but that hasn't been the case so far and I don't see any reason to believe it's suddenly the case now.

- - - Updated - - -

Some believe TSLA is setup for a classic short squeeze, I would really hate to miss that opportunity if I sold my position, just before it happens. Could mean the difference to you of a substantial gain (just selling part of your position), versus a guaranteed loss if you sell underwater.

From SA: These Stocks Are Ready To Be Short-Squeezed - Seeking Alpha
Yea, that's why I bought back in January. And again in April. Then again in June or so. If it's going to happen, it's not going to be driven by a Q4 reduction.

I thought this was interesting

Tesla Signature Reservation Holders Receiving Personalized Attention | Hybrid Cars

The stock is being pushed down due to a variety of factors. Even with production delays, let's be real. Is this going to change the plan? No it won't they are still going to be churning out cars. It's just a matter of time. I think the delay causes were outlined very well in the email and this should say something about Tesla's customer service. I hate to draw out the comparison again, but Apple when it was coming out of bankruptcy focused on making a great product and provided great service even when they were on the brink of bankruptcy. The same principles apply here, but just with a more complicated product.

I am in for the long haul, I hope those of you who are out there and are shaky are as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.