Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trains displayed as trucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m sitting at a railway crossing waiting for train to pass and on my Tesla screen it shows a series of transport trucks passing by? I voice command “bug report” but it not leave room for specifics. Does the lydar just not recognize trains ?

• Funny
Reactions: tm1v2
The rendered images re-assures the driver that the vehicle is aware of it's surroundings. This integral for FSD acceptance in the market. At least until we get to L4 or L5
That's what the FSD beta screens are for. The rendering is not needed otherwise. There is a large section of Tesla owners who do not find a value in purchasing FSD.

Upvote 0
Honestly the whole animated rendering of the vehicle and other vehicles around it is a waste of screen space. There could be much more important uses for that area.
My day just improved a bit knowing there’s another person out there who shares my thoughts on this. The video game taking up the left half of the screen is a stupid waste of real estate for people who drive themselves. I’d rather have one-touch access to fog lights, trip computer, music settings, and nav map all at once. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Upvote 0
Before the Christmas update.

1708695929184.jpeg

Upvote 0
That's what the FSD beta screens are for. The rendering is not needed otherwise. There is a large section of Tesla owners who do not find a value in purchasing FSD.
This.

I remember back in 2019 or 2020 when they shrunk the map to make the animation larger. I was so pissed I almost sold the car, lol. That was early in my ownership before I got used to over the air updates occasionally being horrendous, but usually harmless and sometimes helpful. If I had it my way, I would get rid of the animation all together, have a small portion of the screen for "gauges" and warnings, and the rest would be my map, stereo, or whatever I wanted to display at the time.

Upvote 0
What bugs me about the display, which I agree could be dispensed with, is that it shows me a lot of what I can already see perfectly well out the front window and very little of what I care about, eg who is coming up from behind me or to the sides. that I often can't see well because the rearview mirrors are so marginal. But, yeah, I'd just dump it completely in favor of more useful things.

Upvote 0