Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in Pic requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’ve got a Vin and EDD. I submitted pics on the app but then got an email when the Vin came in that they wanted more pics. Ok, great. I’ll send pics all day. But the 2 on the list I have questions for:

1 is the window sticker. Which I’m looking and not sure I have it. It was a demo car with like 400 miles and not sure I got it. Do I mention is was a demo car? It was flawless when I got it. Got a little discount and don’t want to mention that.

2 is engine pic. Which I sent back “please be more specific cause I’m not sure what you are talking about cause the word engine to me, means something under the ft. Truck.”

They sent back this:

“We are not part of the trade team. I would take the photo to the best of your ability. If the trade team needs something additional, they will let you know.”

Which who in the world is sending an email then asking for these photos?

Anyways, so my question is do I mention no sticker and demo model and where do I take a pic of the “engine”

Thanks!

1) Maybe they are referring to the sticker on the door pillar? Open the driver's door and you'll find a sticker with the make, model, year, VIN and tire pressure recommendations.

2) I'm guessing they are looking for an engine bay picture of the car you are trading in? Pop the hood and take a pic.

This is odd you have so many requests as I never submitted a photo other than odometer and title on a 2019 Silverado. No exterior or interior photos at all. Cleaned it all up nice in preparation then they only needed those two photos.

I know the process may be a little confusing with an email or text. It appears that there are different teams doing different things on the purchase of a tesla using the same text number or email. I don't think there is any concern with your trade in being a demo. I would take a picture of any and all window stickers along with opening up the front trunk and take several pictures. When I recently did a trade in last week, the app only wanted 4 sides of the Model Y that we traded and a picture of the interior. They wanted on another tab a picture of current registration and I just sent them a picture of the windshield sticker that is part of the Texas registration. That must have been good enough for we are now in our new tesla.
Best of luck and congratulations.

Reactions: mgeneczko
Here is the list of photos required by Tesla in an email for my trade in. It seems everyone gets a little different treatment.

• Odometer
  • Front of vehicle (full view, head on)
  • Back of vehicle (full view, head on)
  • Driver’s side (wide shot of entire side)
  • Passenger’s side (wide shot of entire side)
  • Front seats
  • Dashboard
  • Engine Bay
  • Aftermarket Parts

Here is the list of photos required by Tesla in an email for my trade in. It seems everyone gets a little different treatment.

• Odometer
  • Front of vehicle (full view, head on)
  • Back of vehicle (full view, head on)
  • Driver’s side (wide shot of entire side)
  • Passenger’s side (wide shot of entire side)
  • Front seats
  • Dashboard
  • Engine Bay
  • Aftermarket Parts

My recent trade-in (earlier this month) was the same with one exception - they did not ask for an engine bay image at all. But all the rest, and it was all done through the app, took about 5-10 minutes total. Very easy.

Reactions: mgeneczko