Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: 10/15/2014
Confirmed: 10/15/2014 <reconfirmed> 10/24/2014
Estimated delivery: Late December
Scheduled delivery date: -
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: Toronto, Canada
Color: Brown
Wheels: 21" Silver <changed> 19" cyclone
Interior: Obeche Wood Matte
Seat: New Performance Tan Leather
Options: All but 3rd row

Last edited:
Ordered: 10/15/2014
Confirmed: 10/16/2014
Estimated delivery: Late December
Scheduled delivery date: -
Actual delivery date: -
Delivery location: Fremont (Factory)
Color: Grey
Wheels: 21" Grey
Interior: Carbon Fiber
Options: All except spoiler,Prem.Interior, Sub-Zero and Rear Seats

Thankfully I didn't have to do any of that ritual though I did wish really hard. My dashboard says December but my DS also emailed me and mentioned a tentative date, delivered to Calgary (SC is in Vancouver) of December 11. Obviously this could change many times between now and December but it certainly made this seem a lot more real. I'd almost forgotten how much fun/frustration this waiting process could be.

Mine also changed from "Late December" to "December".

Just guessing, but perhaps the ones that got pushed earlier were the orders on the first few hours, and the ones that either did not change, or got pushed back, were ordered later?

I ordered/confirmed during the first hour or so after the website came back up, while the website was still being slammed.

am I really the only one pushing my delivery to late January / early February to get a 2015 model?

you can rationalize Tesla's production model all you want, but the general public still thinks the old way. and when time comes to sell the P85D a few years from now, a 2015 will sound a lot better than a 2014. especially for a mere 4 week wait.

not to mention avoiding the first D's rolling off the production line as a good idea in general....

Last edited:
Mine also changed from late December to just "December" which is the best news I've had all day! I wasn't one who completed my order in the first day. I am having mine delivered to Raleigh, so perhaps it has to do with your relative position at a particular location?

am I really the only one pushing my delivery to late January / early February to get a 2015 model?

you can rationalize Tesla's production model all you want, but the general public still thinks the old way. and when time comes to sell the P85D a few years from now, a 2015 will sound a lot better than a 2014. especially for a 4-6 week wait.

On the flip side of that argument, if you take delivery before the end of the year, you get the $7,500 federal tax credit on your 2014 return and whatever your state offers, instead of waiting a year for the 2015 return. There may even be some states reducing tax benefits from 2014 to 2015. Having those credits a year earlier is a nice counter to the reduced resale value of unknown magnitude. I personally would like to have my P85D as soon as possible.

you can rationalize Tesla's production model all you want, but the general public still thinks the old way. and when time comes to sell the P85D a few years from now, a 2015 will sound a lot better than a 2014. especially for a mere 4 week wait.

not to mention avoiding the first D's rolling off the production line as a good idea in general....

This did occur to me, but realistically anyone in the market to buy one of these cars will be reasonably familiar with Tesla's model. I also just sold my P85+ and am driving around in an ICE, so the D can't come soon enough.