Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Gear Cybertruck off road test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That Rivian needs more wheel travel. An Offroad race between the Raptor and Cybertruck would be cool. What do you guys think about this Front Bumper? Anyone decking out their Cybertruck like this for Overlanding.
1714356921849.png

Last edited:
Lockers will get you stuck deeper. People who don't know how and when to use them are going to destroy the differentials in these Trucks. Take off that rear lower cover and remove the front lower valance. Does anyone know why the Cybertruck shut down and were they able to get it going and drive it Home?

Last edited:
Reactions: Watts_Up
Lockers will get you stuck deeper. People who don't know how and when to use them are going to destroy the differentials in these Trucks. Take off that rear lower cover and remove the front lower valance. Does anyone know why the Cybertruck shut down and were they able to get it going and drive it Home?
My guess is overheated something. Most likely the air suspension or diffs. Jeeps with air suspension shut down commonly when off road on high frequency stretches as air suspensions generate a tremendous amount of heat from all the compression of the air.

That Rivian needs more wheel travel. An Offroad race between the Raptor and Cybertruck would be cool. What do you guys think about this Front Bumper? Anyone decking out their Cybertruck like this for Overlanding.
View attachment 1042765
On the type of terrain they were on a raptor would run circles around a CT.

As for the racks and topper in the picture. I’m not sure how you could put a safari rack on the CT with the goofy pointy roof. Flat roof cyber SUV?

This is a great example of how Elon works. He pushes hard to get a new product out the door. The early adopters will reveal areas that need improvement and those will be addressed before scaling up to high volumes.
He tends not to test every eventuality and obsess over every detail, but works hard to get the first editions out, so later iterations will overcome those shortcomings.
If he tested everything to perfection, it would take years more to roll out the first editions.
People seem to get a kick out of revealing youtube videos of every flaw and imperfection they can discover. Of course, this is of great interest to both those buying one, and others that simply want to point out the flaws.

Reactions: cptnslo
Reactions: Speedr117
Well I am 8000 miles in. Having a blast. Got the newest update. Going off-roading with some GM Hummer development folks tomorrow on their favorite course. Should be fun. Mounting the flags is a slight issue. Any suggestions for mounting @mongo https://www.oakgov.com/community/oakland-county-parks/parks-trails/holly-oaks-orv-park
What a coincidence! I was looking at their web site today and wondering that myself. Would be a lot simpler if we could do rear mounted like non-seatbelt vehicles, then just use hitch receiver...

Maybe clamp/bolt onto the front right recovery hook. Flag bolted to two plates that sandwich the U hook and then get bolted down?

How did it go