Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those that have gone from a Model X to Cybertruck, are you happy with the switch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. I currently have a 2019 X Performance (Raven) that I plan to trade in for a Cyber Beast whenever it arrives in "Late 2024".

Here are some things I love about the X: Self presenting driver door, USS (I believe current models don't have these anymore?), pressing the brake to close the driver door, the instrument cluster, built in home link to open garage doors, and geo fencing for auto folding/unfolding mirrors.

So I guess I'm asking if you've switched from a Model X to a CT, are you glad you switched or is missing these features giving you any regret?

Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: scottf200
I can't help answer your question but I have a question for you. Are you implying that the CT doesn't have auto folding mirrors? That is a bummer as I would want to park in my garage and every inch helps.

For homelink, I don't see why you can't have tesla install it on the CT like they did with my Model Y? Is there something specific about the CT that it can't have Homelink?

I can't help answer your question but I have a question for you. Are you implying that the CT doesn't have auto folding mirrors? That is a bummer as I would want to park in my garage and every inch helps.

For homelink, I don't see why you can't have tesla install it on the CT like they did with my Model Y? Is there something specific about the CT that it can't have Homelink?
For the folding mirrors, I meant more that the X has the ability to set this up so your mirrors can auto fold when you pull into your driveway for instance, and then unfold automatically when you drive away. I would assume the ability to manually fold/unfold the mirrors exists on the CT as it does on the 3/Y.

A quick google search apparently says no homelink in the CT, but it has something called MyQ instead that you need to pay a subscription fee to use. It's not crazy expensive, but still a shame it's not just built in and working right away...

For the folding mirrors, I meant more that the X has the ability to set this up so your mirrors can auto fold when you pull into your driveway for instance, and then unfold automatically when you drive away. I would assume the ability to manually fold/unfold the mirrors exists on the CT as it does on the 3/Y.

A quick google search apparently says no homelink in the CT, but it has something called MyQ instead that you need to pay a subscription fee to use. It's not crazy expensive, but still a shame it's not just built in and working right away...

The model Y does what you describe for the mirrors. I would assume the CT is the same unless you saw something different. Also, the model Y doesn't come with homelink either but just make a service ticket and they will come to your house to install it. I would assume they would do the same for the CT unless I missed something.

The model Y does what you describe for the mirrors. I would assume the CT is the same unless you saw something different. Also, the model Y doesn't come with homelink either but just make a service ticket and they will come to your house to install it. I would assume they would do the same for the CT unless I missed something.
Yeah from what I'm reading, the homelink option isn't available for CT, at least not yet... No one seems to be sure if it will be at some point... Maybe the MyQ can do the auto opening/closing of the garage doors at least...

I saw a video how Cybertruck SBW is very good/helpful in driving/parking inside the garage.

Reactions: Spelly88
Self presenting driver door, USS (I believe current models don't have these anymore?), pressing the brake to close the driver door, the instrument cluster, built in home link to open garage doors
You're going to miss all of these, I do. You quickly will adapt to the changes but I do miss auto present, brake to close, and binnacle display - even after 4 month of driving CT I do miss those features. Hopefully USS and parking visuals will be fixed in feature updates, but it is absent at this moment.

What I dont miss is the squeaks and rattles that FWD generate and all my previous Xs had, even the latest one May 2024 that I traded in for the CT.

But I still take CT over X any time - the ride is much better, the steering is completely different level, the sound system, utility, and the built quality is all better than X by a lot.

On my X there's is the MyQ. I tried it during the trial and then never subscribed. It stopped working.

Then a few weeks ago it's started working all by itself. So I'm not sure if they did away with the subscription or not.