Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of backing out of my X reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No argument with the issues of delay and needed patience. The points on timing attention to schedules can't be argued. I just watched this weeks production of "VICE" on HBO. They showed the ICE shelf melting in Antarctica and the resulting flooding in Bangladesh as a follow-up to last year's episode on ICE melt of Greenland. There are many who have waited longer for their Model X than I. Seeing this destruction of the earth reminded me that waiting for 18 months is little to do my part against climate change. Keep in mind that TESLA is not going to change CO2 emission alone. TESLA taking share from BMW, Audi, GM and Mercedes will cause them to shift to similar technology and lower emission vehicles. I will find away to wait...whether it is 6 months or another year. Simply put, I just don't know how to tell my grandchildren that I couldn't wait for a few months to do my small part.

Last edited:
No argument with the issues of delay and needed patience. The points on timing attention to schedules can't be argued. I just watched this weeks production of "VICE" on HBO. They showed the ICE shelf melting in Antarctica and the resulting flooding in Bangladesh as a follow-up to last year's episode on ICE melt of Greenland. There are many who have waited longer for their Model X than I. Seeing this destruction of the earth reminded me that waiting for 18 months is little to do my part against climate change. Keep in mind that TESLA is not going to change CO2 emission alone. TESLA taking share from BMW, Audi, GM and Mercedes will cause them to shift to similar technology and lower emission vehicles. I will find away to wait...whether it is 6 months or another year. Simply put, I just don't know how to tell may grandchildren that I couldn't wait for a few months to do my small part.

if you think going EV is gonna change the world, go right ahead. i wouldnt mind tesla getting more customers.

personally, i think not having kids (and therefore, no grandkids) does a hell of alot more for the environment than any car habits combined. esp. if you live in a developed country.

to each their own.

I will just say that I was extremely happy that I got my Model S in February 2013 and not in October 2012. (I was in line for a Signature, and I got out of line and back in line later).

If you get a car which is later off the production line, you will get a more finished, less trouble-prone car.

I was putting off getting a new car until Model S came out; during that period I spent quite a lot of money on maintaining cars which really should have been abandoned about a year earlier. If you've already taken the plunge and bought a new gas car, you probably should wait until Model X is "mature" in order to buy one.

This is a response to the Model X delays and Tesla in general as a new company. If you put everything into perspective and think about what is really going on with Tesla you will realize that it is history making stuff. If you go back to the beginning of Tesla I can tell you that when I heard that this guy with lots of money was going to build an all electric sports car that will sell for $125,000 I said to myself this will never fly. So here we are today and many people are thinking this company has been making cars for 50 years like most other car companies. We are talking 10 years and a massive undertaking to not only develope a car from the ground up but an all electric car and install a supercharger infrastructure and service centers world wide. When I purchased my Model S just 2 years ago I worried that Tesla may not survive and still worry today. So there are many areas that Tesla can improve upon and the delays are only one of those. If they can deliver on the Model 3 as a mass market car affordable to the main stream this will change transportation as we know it today. So waiting for me is peanuts compared to the above and yes I have a Tesla so it is somewhat easier. Just continue to maintain a proper perspective when you are not happy with Tesla and you will be rewarded down the road.

if you think going EV is gonna change the world, go right ahead. i wouldnt mind tesla getting more customers.

personally, i think not having kids (and therefore, no grandkids) does a hell of alot more for the environment than any car habits combined. esp. if you live in a developed country.

to each their own.

Interesting thought @bluenation. I believed for years in a neutral population growth. 2 people 2 grand kids. By your commits, I assume you have no kids or grand kids and are, thankfully, the last of your clan.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but if my wife wasn't a big fan of "upright" vehicles, and the MS body style had changed, I think I'd strongly consider a second MS over the X. Don't get me wrong; I'm very eager for our X, and my wife will be even more thrilled about it. For me it's more about the fact that I don't really get excited about SUVs. That said, a forward-facing third row will be nice. These days we get a lot of complaining about the rear-facing seats.