Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model X Used Prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been considering upgrading from my 2022 Model S to a refresh version of the Model X as we recently had a baby and figured the Model X would be better for car seats and stroller carrying. I was considering looking at used 2022s, but it seems any dealers that have these are pricing them unrealistically, making me think they'll have to price correct to match Tesla's new $79.9k starting price.

All the 2022+ (non-Plaid) I've found are $73-79k asking prices. Feels insane when buying from Tesla is essentially $72.5k new after tax credit, which will apply at the point of sale in less than 2 weeks. Anyone else noticed this? Thoughts?

Yep, have noticed the same in the used market, regardless of miles really. Some with over 20k miles are priced the same as those with only a few thousand miles.

Regardless, their prices don’t make sense when you could just get a brand new one from Tesla.

Yep, have noticed the same in the used market, regardless of miles really. Some with over 20k miles are priced the same as those with only a few thousand miles.

Regardless, their prices don’t make sense when you could just get a brand new one from Tesla.

When Tesla did their big price cuts on the Model 3/Y (65k price -> like $48k) it seems like it took dealers months of sitting on overpriced used cars to get the hint and finally price them back down to earth.

I'm thinking with the Model X starting at $72.5k after tax credit, used prices will probably settle in the mid/upper 60s in for a 2022 with 20k miles in a few months.

When Tesla did their big price cuts on the Model 3/Y (65k price -> like $48k) it seems like it took dealers months of sitting on overpriced used cars to get the hint and finally price them back down to earth.

I'm thinking with the Model X starting at $72.5k after tax credit, used prices will probably settle in the mid/upper 60s in for a 2022 with 20k miles in a few months.
I have been seeing this too, you can call them and negotiate their prices down I'm sure simply based off logic. Those overpriced X's will sit a while and they have been already. Also you have to realize these dealers got trade-ins from other people and probably paid way more than they should've and now they're trying to recoup some of it back by keeping their prices steady. They'll learn soon enough so I would just wait. However you could also like I said before just negotiate and explain a new X could be had for 72.5 with a point of sale credit. I would bet if you scoured all over the country a deal can be had for mid 60s MAYBE you find a dealer desperate enough to do low 60s just to get it off their hands especially if it's been sitting for months which most of them have.