Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Therma test: failure of chiller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I ran a thermal test and 2/30 components failed, a chiller and temp sensors. Should the chiller be replaced or another test run? No driving issues or other service alerts. thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2237.jpg
    IMG_2237.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 40
I believe the chiller is part of the A/C system, and has active chilling through the freon used by the A/C system to cool the coolant that runs thru the HV Battery and drive motors. It is more than a passive radiator.

Last edited:
Reactions: HalonT
Have you been able to resolve the issue? I have the same (actually 3 errors) - chiller, temp sens, AQS. I am wondering if temp sensors fail maybe the chiller will come back with error? Also I'm getting d0018 active areo (I just need to check which one is it) and d0011 presSnsDis - which is related to some sensor in AC system. I think some might have occurred because I got refrigerant leak after minor incident so it went all out and refilled it.

I agree that it's more than passive radiator but I guess it's functionality is not complicated - basically it cools the cooling liquid with A/C so there's not much that can go wrong inside it so I guess it might. But I wonder if it's like radiator that it means there are canals inside that could have got broken in accident.