Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 100D - No preconditioning battery for supercharging issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I've a 2017 100D that doesn't precondition when navigating to a supercharger. No alerts or warnings of any kind show up in normal mode but upon going into service mode it showed couple alerts below.

THC_w0115_sanityBatHeater
THC_w0052_sanityPumpBat1
THC_d0005_pumpBat1

I purchased the coolant pump from the service center nearby (they said that could be the issue when I placed a service request) and replaced it today following the instructions in the manual (Battery Coolant Pump 1). Then I topped off the coolant a little bit and ran the coolant purge procedure. Next I ran the Thermal Test and it detected failure in 4/30 subcomponents. (I didn't do this procedure earlier to replacing).

BATTERY_HEATER: FAILURE
CHILLER: FAILURE
PUMPS: FAILURE
TEMPERATURE_SENSORS: FAILURE

I did notice upon powering on the car after replacing pump 1, the pump 2 went into full speed whining but pump 1 wasn't whining at all just like the old pump before I pulled it out. I pulled out the fuse F137 and it looked fine.

Any ideas why the pump1 is not running? on how to proceed next? before I replace the battery heater.

Last edited:
i was gonna suggest my thread for pump but in my case it was the fuse

battery heater probably failed too or since both items not working maybe some other fuse that goes to both?..
if u have Scan my Tesla, u can view if battery heater is at 100% and if temp of coolant increasing (doesn't in ur case)

Reactions: nagev1
i was gonna suggest my thread for pump but in my case it was the fuse

battery heater probably failed too or since both items not working maybe some other fuse that goes to both?..
if u have Scan my Tesla, u can view if battery heater is at 100% and if temp of coolant increasing (doesn't in ur case)

Thank you for the reply. I just took a look at your thread. How do you get to the diagnostic screen? I didn't see anything like it in service mode.

Ha! Lucky you. What firmware are you on? And can you upgrade the firmware at all? I've a spare 2015 salvage s sitting by waiting for parts and am wondering if I can get it rooted. It's on 2022.8.10.
Haven't asked my rooter but I'm sure he can manually
And yes I'm on 2022.8.10.1, that was the latest when I got the car
Fiy, he says any MCU1 can be rooted

Reactions: nagev1