Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new nose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I definitely think the new nose looks better in it's T shape. Makes it uniquely Tesla.

S42zqkK.png

O.k. - I'm just playing here and I'm a Photoshop hack, but some ideas (for fun)...
A "falcon" hood, to go with the wing doors:
falcon-nose.jpg

...and a more smoothed hood (not too crazy about how it came out, after all - but what the heck)
closed-nose.jpg

also increased the ground 'scoop' size in both.

The more mock-ups I see the more I realize how good a job Franz did with the front end. Really looks great, especially next to other cars (like in the Model X sightings thread where Elon is demo-ing his car) or next to the Model S where the nosecone looks like a vestigial grill blob/stub. No need to anthropomorphize the front into an oval nose -- that makes it look like a cartoon car.

Someone posted this here awhile back.
3jcCW80.jpg
In the rendering above, notice the red paint on the lower front bumper makes the vehicle look fully finished.

A few of my pics from the event...
DSC01325.JPG

DSC01327.JPG
Compare the difference in the photos above that look like the front of the Red Model X has been placed on a dark grey flatbed on wheels.

Lighting is critical in these photos and because of the higher profile of Model X, a painted lower bumper might likely increase the vertical bulk. However, Elon's black Model X vehicle looks extremely well proportioned in one color. As I read the thread tonight, the photos above stood out as the only concern. What I saw tonight was not recognized at the Launch Event or in the photos that I took that night since my only photos of the vehicle front were of Elon's perfect appearing Model X.

21645217819_c350c3a63c_z.jpg

Last edited:
So, after several weeks I will revise my earlier statement. I think the new front looks great in all colors, but white. I'm actually confused as to why they keep showing white on the website, and in presentations.

The wife really likes the Deep Blue, so that's probably what we'll be going with. I would be happy with the Blue, Titanium, or Black...all look excellent, IMHO.