Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Nosecone Ultrasonics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! My girlfriend's 2015 Model S had some paint/cement/demonspawn damage to it at some point. Almost like a ton of tiny chips or SOMEthing. Detailer was at a loss too.

She found a replacement nose cone to solve the problem. The nose cone fits perfectly, however the USS' do not. The ultrasonics in the replacement cone are larger/different than the original but also have a different connector (and bracket). This means I can't just plug'n'play.

They're both 3-pin, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll work if I can come up with some kind of adapter.

Looking for insight!! TIA! (original USS on left in pic)

uss.png

The edge was the same but the shape of the nosecone itself was different.
Ah, good to know - didn't realize that.

Nosecone itself aside, do you have any insight on the USS compatibility? I'm kind of thinking to try and jury-rigging some wires "somehow" to see if it's just a physical connector problem, thought I don't want to potentially do any kind of damage.

The early edition car’s did not had parking sensors, the difference in the nose cone was only for the pre-stamped holes for the sensors. Also the ones your wife have found might not be for that section of your car. There are actually two type of the sensors mainly different in their connecting bracket and the shape of it (actually the side ones near the wheels also detect blind spot areas). That damaged sensor have part no. printed on it - both Tesla’s and the manufacturers. Can’t you look this up and see if the other one is a match? Unfortunately I have “only looked at” the middle one’s that face the front or rear of the car. See photos, (one is without the silicone sealing ring) first is front one and second is rear sensor. Mine is 03/2016

1C87955F-3ABA-42AE-9F08-3DA66C8DFAED.jpeg
E13ADA00-4C30-40F7-8616-0019E5CF04DA.jpeg

Edit: found that post where it’s clearly visible which sensors is at what section of the bumper.

Last edited:
Hmm, so what you're saying is that it's possible that the previous owner of this cone added the (wrong) sensors "after market" and maybe that's why the bracket and sensors that it came with are different?

The part number on the sensor from the original cone is similar to yours (BOSCH 1048474-01-A. Can't get to the "new" ones, don't have the car at my disposal at the moment. I'm starting to think I'm not going to be able to get her sensors going again. :(