Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New update Thursday

techcrunch.com/2015/03/15/elon-musk-says-tesla-model-s-range-anxiety-will-end-with-a-software-update/

Now I've given a lot of thought to this in the last 30 seconds or so, and at first I thought that they would make changes to the navigation system that would do the planing of your journey for you via their superchargers etc.... But the problem with that is that it would just highlight their failures and in Australia they would have to implement a further error message to the effect of, "Too bad suckers".

But then I figure just like "Insane"mode, they could very easily progam "Grandma" mode. That way they can make wild "claims" to increase range by up to 50% when in fact it does nothing more than FORCE the driver into driving like a grandmother which any reasonably intelligent driver suffering from range anxiety is already doing. So the changes to the nav system is to force it to think that it was in Florida. And then unless floored, it would max out at about 90kph on the highway. It would greatly reduce (turn off) the AC and fan. Turn down the music. Shut off the lights. Eject the passengers. That sort of thing.

Cheerio

A really cheesed off Aussie who has been put on the waiting list, and will STAY on the waiting list, until waiting is all there is left to do...

Last edited:
Estimate is back to normal now. Must've been a temporary website glitch. Phew!

I am back to Late September now too...'twas a rather ominous sign...

Was starting to think that if on Thursday they announced that Australia is no longer getting the Model S - then that would be the "End of Range Anxiety" live with it!

I propose that Elon Musk next tweet an End of Waiting Anxiety.

Sorry to Join the Discussion So Late, but My Date has Behaved Identically to Yours

My delivery date has just been pushed back to Late September :(

My order was 1 December 2014, with confirmation the following week. The promise was March, then April, then June, then May, then July, then August, then September, now Late September. No VIN.

All very frustrating (as mimicked by all of you). The only good news is the cost of the car in USD has been steadily dropping, and now is close to parity with the cost in California. This makes it the ONLY high-end car that is not marked up in Oz.....compared to Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, and the exotics

So we wait and we dream....my wife is tired of me CRYING when I read the "my tesla" page !!

Been following the car for several years, and it WILL be worth the wait.

Rich (aka Aussie Yank --- of 5 years)

p.s. Missing option: adding Ultracapacitors (super capacitors) to the option list and drop another 0.5 seconds off the 0-100Km time. One hundredth the discharge time of a LiIon battery

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
P85D - dark gray metallic - 21 gray wheels - new interior design - executive seats - plano - carbon fiber trim - spoiler - air suspension - tech pkg - high end stereo - dual chargers - full up/the works

Well I am still Late September. You've made me nervous now. Everytime I see a post in this thread I fear something has gone wrong with someone's MyTesla page or just received an email from Tesla HQ.

We should get back to talking about why the P85D is the Tesla Flagship and well worth the wait. A friend of mine in the US has one already and he loves it. Says he leaves it in insane mode constantly without any fear that the car will take off too rapidly if you are just touching the accellerator say to park for example...

of course by the time we get it, it will have ver 7.0 at least on it...

Have you guys noticed that the next gen seats are now offered cheaper and don't apply to the backseats? I have emailed Tesla asking what the deal is and whether we get a refund or what...