Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tessories charge port remote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have got one of this to open the charge port in case if I can’t use my Apple Watch. However, I am not sure whether there is any reliable plastic sticking glue that I can use to stick it on top of the charger. I have got a regular Podpoint charger🔌.

Last edited:
that it doesn't unlock the cable
I know but mostly I use my watch to unlock the cable in the morning and usually my watch is fully charged up. But by the time I go to plug in my charger most of the time my watch is already dead or on charger. So I use this only for that occasion. But sticking it to top of the 🔌 seems to be already testing my DIY skills to it’s limits. 🤣

Last edited:
I know but mostly I use my watch to unlock the cable in the morning and usually my watch is fully charged up. But by the time I go to plug in my charger most of the time my watch is already dead or on charger. So I use this only for that occasion. But sticking it to top of the 🔌 seems to be already testing my DIY skills :)
Can't you just press the bottom of the charge port to open it? When I found out it didn't unlock the cable I couldn't really see the benefit.

Not when the car is in deep sleep. It works only when the car is awake in the past or you need Apple watch connection where the car responds to pressing the bottom of the charge port.
You just lightly touch the rear door handle, not enough to open the door but enough to wake the car. A few seconds later, you can then open charge port by pressing the bottom of the charge port door.

The shape of the back might make it difficult to stick. Better off duct taping to the charger plug 😅😅. I have a couple of these, never used.. one is in a drawer in the house and the other is rattling around in the frunk somewhere..

Reactions: spdpsba
I know but mostly I use my watch to unlock the cable in the morning and usually my watch is fully charged up. But by the time I go to plug in my charger most of the time my watch is already dead or on charger. So I use this only for that occasion. But sticking it to top of the 🔌 seems to be already testing my DIY skills to it’s limits. 🤣
Get some VHB tape - I'll bung an inch or so in the post if you want - it'll stick anything to anything.
What sort of charger do you have? Always best to have things protected from rain when outside, so I wouldn't recommend sticking it to the top unless it's protected. Underneath or even on a side would be better.

Reactions: spdpsba