Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas at Exotics at Redmond Town Center - Saturdays!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In all fairness, Model Ses are littered all over the Puget Sound area now. Spotting something like an R8 is much more of a rarity.

True enough, but:

1) The treatment of Teslas was basically the same even when they were rare in the Puget Sound
2) And it seems that even now attendees at the RTC show have LOTS of questions about Teslas and electric cars in general. Each time I have attended I have been very busy talking to people in a way that does not seem the case for the R8s. And people seem to find the Teslas wherever they are hidden. I certainly believe the people who attend the show are more aware of this popularity then the organizers. However, to date I have always been welcomed by the organizers and I appreciate all of the hard work they do to put on this show. So I am just happy they let us attend (even in a back corner) :) They are clearly sports car, super can fans first and that is fair, it is their show after all.

I attend to help educate people on electric cars and when the level of questions drop (which hopefully they will some day, because of the increased acceptance of electric cars) I will stop attending.

Last edited:
1) The treatment of Teslas was basically the same even when they were rare in the Puget Sound
I can't speak to how it is now, but I disagree with the implication that Tesla vehicles were given second class treatment in early 2013. I went about half a dozen times and never felt that.

Also, I remember having some discussions (in this thread? I should look...) that at some point they'll probably "flip the bit" and stop considering Tesla "exotic" if the company plans come to fruition.

I can't speak to how it is now, but I disagree with the implication that Tesla vehicles were given second class treatment in early 2013. I went about half a dozen times and never felt that.

Also, I remember having some discussions (in this thread? I should look...) that at some point they'll probably "flip the bit" and stop considering Tesla "exotic" if the company plans come to fruition.

Well I have never seen a Tesla in the center court section of the show, and have seen 100+ other kinds of cars there over the last two years. That was cited in the original post on second class treatment. May have happened when I was not there of course.

But, as I noted I am grateful that the exoticsat show runners allow Teslas at there show.

No Tesla Model S were at the show last week. It is usually a fun event with lots of people interested in learning about EVs. I will be there tomorrow in my roadster but on the 28th will be at the Greenwood Auto Show.

We were told today at the Exotics RTC car show that the electric Tesla Model S is now too common and will not be allowed to participate in future car shows (exceptions made for some P85D). I completely understand and realize that there were other more "common" cars that were turned away today, as well. It is unfortunate, though, because I spend the entire show talking to folks who may have seen a Model S on the road but have never really had a chance to see one up close and ask questions. This is an especially exciting time for Tesla with the addition of radar, sonar and a forward facing camera that gives the Model S the capability to literally drive itself on the freeway and park itself in your garage (soon to be activated).

It is great to see all the interest that the Exotics RTC event has generated in the attendees and the participants alike. That said, I will truly miss being a participant and talking about the cutting edge technology of the Tesla Model S but look forward to being a regular attendee.

Did they say if the Roadster was still allowed?

I understand that it is a difficult decision for them and that owners of any type of vehicle are disappointed to be turned away. To me, their key criteria "should" be how interested their audience is in seeing the cars - and Teslas have traditionally gotten many questions from passers-by. I haven't been to one for a while but it sounds like that is still the case.

Yes, your roadster is still allowed. I do agree that vehicles that generate a lot of interest should be included and a "state of the art" electric vehicle (Model S) fits that criteria, in my mind. Bottom line: it's their show.

PS: I really like my new 70D! Goes into Metropolitan Detail today for a wrap.