Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas at Exotics at Redmond Town Center - Saturdays!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@buzzbuzz - In case you hadn't seen it yet...
Exotics At Redmond Town Center | _DSC5276_8607259270_o
DSC5276_8607259270_o-300x200.jpg

Pic from today:

IMG_20130511_105921.jpg

We had a green, two Sig reds, my yellow Roadster, a black, and two multi-coat reds (one arrived late and had to park elsewhere, so not in the picture).

Lots of interest!

Brianman, Buzzbuzz, chads, early adopter and web guy were there. Plus two others - they are probably on the forums, but I did not get their handles.

Last edited:
I had a great Tesla day today. Had a chance to go by the show and talk to the many Tesla owners who showed off their cars. Saw multi-red P85 that was very close to the model I have on order.

Then went home just in time to be called by the Seattle Tesla Service Center to let me know that my car had showed up a day early and I could pick it up at 2PM. So now I am a Tesla owner not just a wanna-be.

Is it weekly? What time?

Yup! Every Saturday when the weather is good. It runs from 9-11, and if you are showing a car, be there by 8:30. I want to update the title of this thread to something like "Teslas at Exotics at Redmond Town Center every Saturday" in order to make things more clear, but I can't do it (help from mods would be greatly appreciated). Check out the website (Exotics At Redmond Town Center | The Largest Weekly Exotic Car Gathering North of Los Angeles) for info on whether or not they do it each week. I've heard a rumor that, if the chance of precipitation is >=30%, they cancel the show for the week. Hope to see you there on a clear weekend in the future!

Yes it is cancelled for tomorrow. You need to look at the events page, at least thats where I found it. Too bad, first week I could have brought my 85P+ and I was hoping to see brinanman's dashpoard camera and installation.

It is back from Metropolitan Detail? Can't wait to see it!

Yes I got my car back from Metropolitan Detail yesterday. They did a great job, as usual. A wrap is not for everyone, but since I am intending to drive my car a lot it works for me. And besides since Metropolitan will give full car wrap owners a wax for free when needed (about once a quarter) when you come in for a wash, it will pay for itself in 20 years or so :)

I was really hoping for a show today, but maybe next week.

Last edited:
Hey, buzz. Should we start a pool for guessing when the production will reach a point where they don't invite us anymore? "You're no longer rare."

Given the number of people who still don't seem to know what the Model S is, or the number of times I'm asked at that show "so, is it pure electric?", I don't see it happening anytime soon. Exotic by production numbers, maybe, but given the fact that we seem to be one of the groups of cars people tend to hang around and ask questions about, I don't think they'll turn us away any time soon.

I still want to get a giant group of us there...it would be a hoot to see electric cars overrun an exotic car show :biggrin:

Besides, I was famous enough to make the gallery...that means someone there likes us :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

...And besides since Metropolitan will give full carp wrap owners a wax...

And, not trying to be a jerk, as I don't tend to point out typographical errors (we all make them), but this just made me laugh out loud...it gave me visions of a fish wrapped in Xpel getting a wax, which I find strangely amusing. You made my day, Six. :cool:

Should we start a pool for guessing when the production will reach a point where they don't invite us anymore? "You're no longer rare."

Actually, they have been having that conversation. Maybe they aren't there yet for the Saturday shows, but they are doing a special event next Sunday and had to think about whether or not they wanted Teslas. I offered basically the same thoughts that buzz did, and they did decide to let us come. They have built a reputation on offering "exotic" cars and I think it's a valid question for them to ask; "exotic" is a hard thing to define, and they seem to put us in the BMW/Jag class that is kind of on the edge. There may well be a point in the future where we are so common we are not interesting. I hope we get there soon!

So here's the special event in case anybody wants to go (they were asking for people to sign up last week):

(Details HERE; it is at Chateau Ste Michelle in Woodinville).

See exotic cars, buy quality food and wine.

Free parking and free to attend as a spectator. $25 to preregister a car ($30 at the event). They expect many exotic cars, including Bugattis. They welcome Teslas, but only in limited numbers so register early. Please have your car looking show-quality!

To register a Tesla, send email to mimikthomas AT hotmail dot com (who is on the Exotics at RTC team and has been extremely helpful - and she loves Teslas!). Include your car make, model, year, owner, email and phone. You can pay at the door with cash, credit or check. Arrive between 9 and 11am. You will receive a bottle of wine and a Griots Garage swag bag.

Mimi will send an email reminder to registered owners before the event.

Last edited:
Actually, they have been having that conversation. Maybe they aren't there yet for the Saturday shows, but they are doing a special event next Sunday and had to think about whether or not they wanted Teslas. I offered basically the same thoughts that buzz did, and they did decide to let us come. They have built a reputation on offering "exotic" cars and I think it's a valid question for them to ask; "exotic" is a hard thing to define, and they seem to put us in the BMW/Jag class that is kind of on the edge. There may well be a point in the future where we are so common we are not interesting. I hope we get there soon!

So here's the special event in case anybody wants to go (they were asking for people to sign up last week):

(Details HERE; it is at Chateau Ste Michelle in Woodinville).

See exotic cars, buy quality food and wine.

Free parking and free to attend as a spectator. $25 to preregister a car ($30 at the event). They expect many exotic cars, including Bugattis. They welcome Teslas, but only in limited numbers so register early. Please have your car looking show-quality!

To register a Tesla, send email to mimikthomas AT hotmail dot com (who is on the Exotics at RTC team and has been extremely helpful - and she loves Teslas!). Include your car make, model, year, owner, email and phone. You can pay at the door with cash, credit or check. Arrive between 9 and 11am. You will receive a bottle of wine and a Griots Garage swag bag.

Mimi will send an email reminder to registered owners before the event.

Thanks for the info on this, Chad. Email sent and responded to! I'll be there Sunday (probably skipping Saturday this week then).

So I can put you down for, say, January 1, 2023?

Given Chad's information, I may have to reconsider...maybe we aren't going to be exotic for much longer, after all!

Last edited: