Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip - Supercharging Across America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fantastic to see these trip postings. Wish we could have fit the trip into our schedule.
What do you use for the decals? I assume they come off without impacting the paint finish?

One of the participants (Pat) of the trip has a business making vinyl signs - they go on with soapy water and should peel off relatively easily...

Aaron

For all of those TMC Connect folks driving back east this week, consider the southern route via Flagstaff, Holbrook, Gallup, and Farmington Superchargers, then 70A J1772's in Pagosa Springs, CO and Salida, CO and on to the Silverthorne Supercharger.

See 4 Corners EV Charging for reference. With an overnight at Incredible Pagosa Vacation Rentals in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, a soak in the hot springs, and a 100% charge there (70A J1772), all you need is a little top up in Salida. I guarantee you that Salida (70A J1772 at Wood's High Mountain Distillery) will be cooler and more interesting than St George, and a lot faster driving than Flagstaff to Blanding.

I will be in Pagosa most of this week, have space at my house (only two miles of gravel that has not chipped my paint yet), an 80A HPWC, and many 14-50's. PM me if you want to stop by, and I will send you phone number and directions, or just make a reservation at Incredible Pagosa. I will see what I can do about arranging for a free drink at Wood's Distillery in Salida for MS's that stop by this week. It's only a 100 rated miles or so from Farmingtion Supercharger to my house, and as I said, you can make it with some care from my house to Silverthorne, but why not take a break at Wood's in Salida and not worry about hypermiling!

Thanks for all the great pics! Looks like a great trip. It inspires me to continue a planned trip from SF area to NJ and back in September. Your suggestions and thoughts are more than welcome. My biggest concern is my age and diminished endurance. Have a codriver or my wife forbade me from doing it solo.
Thanks again for the inspiration.

Many of you will remember the insulation bomb|cloud we drove through on I80 between Sacramento and Fremont. I'll remember it better than all you Model S owners, because Roadsters suck up everything and deposit it in the fans and on the PEM. :(

My car is in the shop today getting that souvenir insulation removed from said fans and PEM and tire pressure monitors cleaned off, because of all the weird error messages getting thrown. It's not good when a service Roadster veteran from the early days says, 'Huh, I've never seen that one before!'. Well, now they have! The extra *insulation fat* caused the PEM to decide things were just a little too warm sometimes and it would just drop charging rate from 70amp to an ohhhhImInNoHurry 19amps. And then later decide 70amps was fine. Ugh. Not a huge problem unless you're trying to get home and sitting 130 miles away.

photo (34).JPG

"Charge time increased due to high temperatures."

I haven't been reading this thread, because I know it would just make me envious to not have been on the ride with you folks. But I couldn't resists so I did (and am) following on twitter, and I just want to thank everyone for the updates and photos. Wonderful pictures and great stories let's me enjoy vicariously.

:)

Wow, Bonnie, i'm sorry to hear about your Roadster trouble. That's the difference between hearing about a strange incident on traffic radio (me) and getting badly affected by it (you).

I hope your baby will be ok.

Yeah, the twitter post-TMC connect has been fun, since there seem to be more side trips and scenic photo opportunities. For someone that hasn't yet seen much of US, it's been nice for me to follow on twitter.

Here is a picture of my car going West to East.

IMG_4881.jpg

<Sigh> It's on a truck heading back to D.C. I handed the car over the transport company on 7/21. Still waiting. It's almost as bad as the original wait in 2012/2013! :)

So my car came back on Tuesday after being picked up on Thursday in San Jose (only 5 days).

But I almost had a heart attack while Boris was unloading it.

BUT...if it was a different car, would most likely have been totaled.

The truck driver pulls up, and stops on the side major street (which has a big slope down), I wanted him on the back street away from the traffic, but he continued to unload.

He starts to unload it, while it is still on the truck, the last parts that lower it to the street - the rear part of the truck just touching the (sloping downward) street, he gets out of the car, and I think the car was still in drive, or neutral, and the car has "hill hold", so it held the position for 2 seconds (while he got out)...and then starts to roll backwards about 15 feet (while I (and him) stare at it moving).

And nobody was in it - then it stopped by itself, half on the truck ramp, and half on the street.

I think the car knew nobody was it the seat, and stopped automatically, otherwise it would have rolled down the hill/street and maybe hit a overpass/bridge, with about a dozen or so people in the 100 foot distance path.

Not sure how many cars would stop themselves if a person gets out while it is in drive on a sloping street. My Tesla did.

So if you ever have your car transported...ask if the guy is named Boris.

I am still winding my way back east toward St. Louis. After a week in wine country, a few days in Vegas, an overnight in Flagstaff, I am just now getting to Phoenix. Here through the weekend, then Albuquerque and then home via Denver. I promised my husband I would get home eventually (dropped him off at the airport this evening here in PHX). I try to update my twitter feed (@StLTesla) as well as tag @TeslaRoadTrip. It's been a fun 5,000 mile journey thus far... over 1,000 more to go!

I am still winding my way back east toward St. Louis. After a week in wine country, a few days in Vegas, an overnight in Flagstaff, I am just now getting to Phoenix. Here through the weekend, then Albuquerque and then home via Denver. I promised my husband I would get home eventually (dropped him off at the airport this evening here in PHX). I try to update my twitter feed (@StLTesla) as well as tag @TeslaRoadTrip. It's been a fun 5,000 mile journey thus far... over 1,000 more to go!

So jealous. We have two other trips scheduled between now and the end of the year so I couldn't afford to use any more vacation time to drive back. My one regret from the trip was that we had very little time to explore. It was a mad rush to get to Cali. Even a day in Vegas and a day to sightsee along the way would have been nice.

So jealous. We have two other trips scheduled between now and the end of the year so I couldn't afford to use any more vacation time to drive back. My one regret from the trip was that we had very little time to explore. It was a mad rush to get to Cali. Even a day in Vegas and a day to sightsee along the way would have been nice.

Yes, I wish I could have spent a couple of days on the way home as well.

HOME!!!

- 21 Days,
- 8,600.1 miles (Ok, Ok, maybe i did "Broder" 1.2 miles to get that!)
- 2,797.4 Kilowatt Hours (2.797 Megawatt Hours) electricity used
- 1 Epic BBQ
- 1 Conference
- 15 States
- 6 National Parks/Monuments visited
- Unforgettable memories and
- $0 fuel cost....

WHAT AN AMAZING TRIP!!!!

- Aaron

IMG_4743.jpg
IMG_4742.jpg