Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 (Feb 15-17, 2014) - Dinner Event Signup & Details Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A fabulous event! Every detail was carefully attended to. Thanks to the organizers for all of the very hard work!!

Hard work/passion as you stated was definitely rewarded by all participants, especially you and lot of others. Thank you so very much for your contributions, demonstration of “Lighted T”, and above all your participation.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaron and team,

From the South Carolina attendee, a huge THANK YOU for organizing a great event! Truly enjoyed the time together and can't wait for next year's version. Now that we have buried the NY Times story with hundreds of successful Supercharger-enabled trips, a spring event with warmer weather is deserved! Thanks again for the great weekend...................

Great pictures. Noticed that "ICE is plowed/parked on the curb" while TESLA moves on.

- - - Updated - - -

To all our GREAT @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 Organizing Committee Members and all of you GREAT owners that attended...

I think this photo truly embodies the spirit of the weekend and the passion we all share for our cars and helping future generations continue to enjoy this amazing planet....

Thank you all again for coming and we hope to see you all (and A LOT more) next year!

Stay tuned for information on the website we'll all be able to share the great photos and videos we took over the weekend!

Aaron

+1000

Okay folks... photos are posted.

Tesla EVents - Davis Custom Digital

Screen shot 2014-02-18 at 10.26.40 PM.png

I wanted to especially thank Lanny Hartmann for his assistance. Actually, I was assisting him. He was the brains of the outfit.

Enjoy the photos.

I'm offering signed prints of the P85+ in front of the Capitol if anyone is interested. They'll be somewhere in the range of 16"x24". I'll clarify the specs when I finish the hardcopy proofs. They will be $250 on premium luster heavy photo paper and shipped rolled for mounting and framing. I have a custom framer I work with here if you would like a quote on a fully-framed and matted print. You'll have the option of standard or 'invisible' museum glass (recommended but rather expensive). The full treatment would run about $450.

I can also print and mount the group photos if you do not want to deal with it yourself. Contact me at 2014TRTDC (@) daviscustomdigital dot com for specifics.

All of the photos are downloadable keeping in the spirit of the Club. Lanny and Aaron posted the two group shots here and on Twitter. Tesla Motors published the P85+-Capitol photo via Twitter earlier today. So the photos are global now.. knockoff T-Shirts will probably be available in quantity tomorrow!

And for the record, I'll post a few photos of the delivery event that took place Saturday morning before the rally went into full speed. My wife and I were thrilled with the attention to detail of the Rockville staff, especially our DS Alexander Walker, his partner Adam, and manager Nathan.

Thanks to Aaron and the organizers for putting together such a great 'annual' event. Hope to see you all again as we cross trails at the Superchargers!

Don't hesitate to contact me at john (@) daviscustomdigital dot com

John

Last edited:
One of my favorite moments was when we were standing together for the group photo. It was a quiet Sunday morning with the Capitol in the background when a single nearby ICE started up. It was like a loud (passing gas) during a moment of silent prayer. We all simultaneously caught the irony and laughed.

One of my favorite moments was when we were standing together for the group photo. It was a quiet Sunday morning with the Capitol in the background when a single nearby ICE started up. It was like a loud (passing gas) during a moment of silent prayer. We all simultaneously caught the irony and laughed.

Was that the Capitol Police vehicle?

TNEVol,

What a great little story!

When I looked at the photo, I realized that you were right up front! Good thing that you found a car wash late Saturday night. ;-)

Lanny

Brit4864,
Wonderful photos... Thank you. I was too busy to really appreciate the gathering and other angles.

But something was missing from my photos so I added a title to the two group shots and posted them in the gallery. You can download them or buy them directly from Smugmug.

I noticed a few of the purchases so far are requesting sizes that cause the image to be cropped. Please be careful if you order prints that you check the print preview and make sure you order a size with the correct aspect ratio. The "Cars and Owners" photo is a 1:2 ratio so prints should be 4"x8" or 10"x20". If you want a custom size, download the image and have it printed at Costco or your favorite print maker where the image size and paper size don't need to match. Trim the excess paper before mounting/framing. I can print them up to 17" wide on my Epson 4900 and mail it to you in a tube.

10% thumbnails (don't print these!)... but you can click on them to go to the printable versions.
2T0A9824_sig_stamped2_10pct.gifCars_n_Owners_sig_stamped_10pct.gif

Met three more Tesla-ites today at the Newark supercharger! Grins all around.

J

I'm giving a quick Tesla overview speech about the DC Roadtrip to a Rotary Club in a couple weeks and wondered if anyone had a semi-professional Tesla Powerpoint template I could use? I can edit, add content, photos, etc. but am not a graphic designer skilled enough to make a quality template. Any thoughts?

I was so busy that I had no time to write yet. THANK YOU SO MUCH, for that perfect organized weekend. We made some great new friends ! We would have loved to spend some more days in Washington, but job called for an immediate home trip. So the "sad end" of the weekend was a great one as we did beat the Teslas Cross Country crews record in both, average speed and average charging time on our way back to Tampa in one day ! I did a separate post at the link below. Will see you all next year and MAYBE earlier as we are seriously thinking to join you guys going to California in July :)

Washington to Tampa, we beat the Tesla Cross Country records !

I was so busy that I had no time to write yet. THANK YOU SO MUCH, for that perfect organized weekend. We made some great new friends ! We would have loved to spend some more days in Washington, but job called for an immediate home trip. So the "sad end" of the weekend was a great one as we did beat the Teslas Cross Country crews record in both, average speed and average charging time on our way back to Tampa in one day ! I did a separate post at the link below. Will see you all next year and MAYBE earlier as we are seriously thinking to join you guys going to California in July :)

Washington to Tampa, we beat the Tesla Cross Country records !

What do you think if we start a "Mutual Thank You Club", LOL,
Most importantly Success of the event would not have been possible without participation from you and every other individual like you. This is our collective success. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for your faith and contributions.

BTW: CONGRATULATIONS on beating the record.

@TeslaRoadTrip 2015

Hello All!

I know I've been way too quiet for many months now (a new special someone in ones life can do that!), but I wanted to give everyone the heads up that the planning is slowly starting for our yearly event!

We don't have a date or a theme just yet, but I can tell you it will be in the spring instead of the winter - and of course, it will be on the East Coast!

So please stay tuned and please think about attending! I'll post details as soon as we have them hashed out!

Aaron

Hello All!

I know I've been way too quiet for many months now (a new special someone in ones life can do that!), but I wanted to give everyone the heads up that the planning is slowly starting for our yearly event!

We don't have a date or a theme just yet, but I can tell you it will be in the spring instead of the winter - and of course, it will be on the East Coast!

So please stay tuned and please think about attending! I'll post details as soon as we have them hashed out!

Aaron

Excellent. It will be interesting to see how many people we can get this year!