Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Connector control via Tesla App 4.23

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

reddy

Jan 26, 2013
Amarillo, TX
I have a Tesla wall connector , connected to WiFi, and running the Tesla app on iPhone with version 4.23.

Supposedly we can control the connector and set schedules there via the app. I have looked at the Add Devices section of the 4.23 app but I am not seeing any way to connect the Wall Connector to the app.

I'd like to also get our Powerwalls to forward excess solar to the cars in the future, but my PW2 are still on the March firmware, so not expecting that quite yet.

What is the trick to including the Wall Connector to the Tesla App ?

I have a Tesla wall connector , connected to WiFi, and running the Tesla app on iPhone with version 4.23.

Supposedly we can control the connector and set schedules there via the app. I have looked at the Add Devices section of the 4.23 app but I am not seeing any way to connect the Wall Connector to the app.

I'd like to also get our Powerwalls to forward excess solar to the cars in the future, but my PW2 are still on the March firmware, so not expecting that quite yet.

What is the trick to including the Wall Connector to the Tesla App ?
You can schedule charging through the app without adding the wall connector or interfacing directly with it. The schedule resides in the car, which will remotely control the wall connector to start and stop charging.

There are some settings you can access for the Wall Connector by logging into it's embedded web page. You have to cycle power and connect to it's AP within several minutes. From there you can control max current and whether the unit will send to power to any car, only Tesla cars, or only to specific VINs. It would be nice to be able to do this from the Tesla App, but it's not yet available.

Reactions: APotatoGod and fsb1
You can schedule charging through the app without adding the wall connector or interfacing directly with it. The schedule resides in the car, which will remotely control the wall connector to start and stop charging.

There are some settings you can access for the Wall Connector by logging into it's embedded web page. You have to cycle power and connect to it's AP within several minutes. From there you can control max current and whether the unit will send to power to any car, only Tesla cars, or only to specific VINs. It would be nice to be able to do this from the Tesla App, but it's not yet available.
No this is through the iPhone app.

Reactions: drift
Version 4.3.x was an update in 2021, so probably not what you’re looking for.
No, this is the current iPhone app release from today. 4.23 One of my posts had a typo missing the 2. The title of this thread is correct.
IMG_7997.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
App at 4.23.3-1815 and car just updated to 2023.26.1 and no wall connector control. Although, the release notes are showing a "Charge on Solar" control if you have a Powerwall.
The Charge on Solar functionality is what I‘m really after. Unfortunately my Powerwalls are still on 23.12.2 and the 23.12.10 update is required. Updates for Powerwall don’t happen as predictably as for vehicles, so it could be a while before I can try this. Giving excess
electricity to Xcel Energy for free when the Powerwalls are full is disturbing.

Reactions: cmy4x4