Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems commissioning Wall Charger - solved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using the all-important Wall Connector quick start guide, I was able to immediately get my new wall charger to begin charging my car. However it would not connect to the app. Once charging completed I had to re-cycle power every time I wanted to charge.

I could connect to the wall charger via its SSID manually(safari) with phone or PC, I could ping its local IP from a terminal, It was connected via a 2.4Gh wifi access point, and it actually updated its firmware the first time it connected. I could see that the WC internal wifi was connected to my phone. But still no connection to the app, and still getting the check power error every time I tried to charge.

Finally I contacted service and was sent an email that said I needed to delete and re-install the Tesla app, turn power off and on to my phone, then cycle the power to the WC via my breaker box. Once I did this everything connected immediately - did not even need to enter the WC SSID and PW - it was there already from my previous attempt. Hope this helps anyone having problems like this. I had done everything except recycle power to the phone, duh...