Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding a Tesla Gen3 Wall Connector as a product in the Tesla App. Why is it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading App release notes, I only just saw that I can add our Tesla Gen3 Wall Connector as a product (like our Tesla car and PW2) in the Tesla App.

Our Wall Connector, which we've had for over 2 years, is already connected to our wifi and shown in our Tesla Home PW2 tab in the Tesla App and works perfectly.

Do I need to go through the all QR code and wifi connection process again to add the Connector, when it's already connected, to get this feature?

Reactions: jq371
Reading App release notes, I only just saw that I can add our Tesla Gen3 Wall Connector as a product (like our Tesla car and PW2) in the Tesla App.

Our Wall Connector, which we've had for over 2 years, is already connected to our wifi and shown in our Tesla Home PW2 tab in the Tesla App and works perfectly.

Do I need to go through the all QR code and wifi connection process again to add the Connector, when it's already connected, to get this feature?
I only added mine to the app for the scheduling ability and to see the stats

Reactions: evpaddie
I use ChargeHQ for scheduling and to ensure I maximize solar charging. The App already gives me some stats, comparing the cost of petrol to my energy supplier rates per kWh.

Are their any other features I may be missing by not having the Connector in my Tesla product list?
Nah that’s pretty much all it does. The native scheduling I guess is the main thing I use it for, but the 3rd party app does the same ..

Reactions: evpaddie