Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't add Gen3 Wall Connector to Tesla app.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he mentioned it because the manual includes a unique QR code to connect to the wifi.
Don't actually need the QR code to add Gen3 to Tesla app.
The QR code is just the URL for the Wall Connector: http : // 192 dot 168 dot 92 dot 1 after connecting to the Wall Connector SSID. See "Commissioning procedure on page 28 of the AU Wall Connector owners manual.
There is a QR code printed on the left side of the Gen 3 but my iPhone camera could not resolve the image because it was a low res print.

Note the Wall Connector SSID is unique for each Wall Connector

6099C997-31BD-47D9-8B3F-6BB0AC382BDD.jpeg

Last edited:
There is a QR code printed on the left side of the Gen 3 but my iPhone camera could not resolve the image because it was a low res print.
Wrong QR code. If you try to use it, you get a message to use the QR code from inside the user manual.

This makes total sense. If all the information you needed was on the device itself, you’d be able to walk up to any destination charger and add it to your Tesla app.

anyone in Australia
US and Canada only for now.
And you need a Powerwall as well.

(US/Canada noted in FAQ at bottom)

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
US and Canada only for now.
And you need a Powerwall as well.

(US/Canada noted in FAQ at bottom)
Thanks.
I do have Powerwall2 + Model Y, so would love this feature to be activated in Australia.
It just makes so much sense for it to be working in Oz, the land of endless sunshine ...

The SSID should broadcast itself for 10 minutes or so when after the charger is turned off and on again at the switch.

I think also the 5 second press of the button will also broadcast the SSID
YES! The missing critical pc. of info that Tesla omits! WC does NOT! broadcast nor listen on it's own little SSID _EXCEPT_!! at initial deployment or briefly after poweron. So an already-local-wifi-setup WC just sitting idle will NEVER work to connect to Tesla App if you just follow their instructions. Thanks.