Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't add Gen3 Wall Connector to Tesla app.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla App (Android: 4.24.0-1915) has the ability to add my Gen3 Wall Connector within "manage products".
I want to have better charge scheduling control.
I have my password & SSID and go through the procedure to get access into the unit via its own wifi but it continually times out and won't complete the process.
Anyone else experiencing this, or have had success on Android?

My Tesla App (Android: 4.24.0-1915) has the ability to add my Gen3 Wall Connector within "manage products".
I have my password & SSID and go through the procedure to get access into the unit via its own wifi but it continually times out and won't complete the process.

I just completed this process ok on an iPhone.

You need to temporarily switch the wifi connection of your phone such that it is connected to the TeslaWallConnector_XXXXXX network (instead of your usual home WIFI).

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
I just completed this process ok on an iPhone.

You need to temporarily switch the wifi connection of your phone such that it is connected to the TeslaWallConnector_XXXXXX network (instead of your usual home WIFI).
Thanks for the advice. Do you do this before starting the app, or once it is trying to connect?
I'm also wondering if this is an Android bug..... hence the "had success on Android?" Q.

Im having the same issue as this on iPhone.

Switching to the LAN of the wall connector doesnt seem to work as suggested above.

I have also rebooted the wifi and charger multiple times.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_7717.png
    IMG_7717.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_7716.png
    IMG_7716.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 169
Tesla Wall Connector setup requires a 2.4Ghz WiFi connection. I had the same problems you describe when using my 5Ghz WiFi signal. Switch to 2.4 and the setup will work properly. After that initial setup the Wall Connector will update properly as well.

I had the same problem initially.

You have to log off from your home Wifi first then connect to the Charger Wifi and let it do it's thing.
You then need to disconnect from the Charger's Wifi and reconnect with your home Wifi.

Once back on your own Wifi you can access the Charger via the App.

• Informative
Reactions: Lumens and Hairyman
My router is a smart router that dynamically switches between 2.4 & 5 GHZ dependant on the device.
Mine does too, but it also has a temporary '2.4ghz only' mode for connecting things like smart home devices. Although you would expect it to work in normal 5ghz/2.4ghz mode, I need to enable this temporary mode when adding smart home devices.

So maybe give 2.4ghz only a shot before dismissing it.

Update: The whole issue was the SSID provided from the first Tesla Rep was incorrect.

Given I didnt have my manual because the installer threw it out I didnt have the correct information and was relying on Tesla Support to provide accurate information

Upon a follow up call with another agent (Leo; who was fantastic), the issue was resolved and the system was up and running in 5 minutes.

Thanks hugely to everyone that offered advice :)
I'm now up & running (I did have correct SSID/Password).

The advice that got me working was turn off home wifi & mobile data 1st.
I then did have to turn data back on at end of process to finalise it.

I'm not sure if it also helped but I did connect to the Wall Charger's network (b4 going thru the process on the
app) - using.the WC's password - once connected it stated it wasn't connected to the internet which is OK to do the process anyway.

I'm now trying to work out how to do scheduled ON and OFF charging, I can't see any OFF setting within the apps Schedule charging.....?

BTW here is link Tesla support sent me to fix problem -

Update: The whole issue was the SSID provided from the first Tesla Rep was incorrect.

Given I didnt have my manual because the installer threw it out I didnt have the correct information and was relying on Tesla Support to provide accurate information

Upon a follow up call with another agent (Leo; who was fantastic), the issue was resolved and the system was up and running in 5 minutes.

The SSID should broadcast itself for 10 minutes or so when after the charger is turned off and on again at the switch.

I think also the 5 second press of the button will also broadcast the SSID

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman